• 241 •

Cecil was flabbergasted, seeing Kiyae in the flesh. She hadn't changed a bit, still looking rugged with her brown-grey short hair and clothing that did not have a sense of femininity. Her nunchucks hung over her shoulders, winking at Cecil with her amber-coloured eyes.

"Won't give me a hug? Hm?"

Cecil almost let out a squeal of happiness, embracing Kiyae. "Kiyae! All of you did really come!"

Kiyae wasn't expecting such a response from Cecil, blinking in shock. She smiled softly, returning the hug as she patted Cecil on the back.

"Our dumb captain gave you an exclusive whistle that can only be used by the four lords in Tul, but he didn't tell you how to use it. Thankfully, you managed to use it."

Cecil widened her eyes in shock. "How could you give us something so important?"

"Since we have close relations with the Sen people, they gifted us a few of their treasured animals long ago that would help establish other forms of communications with them. It's fine, we have a lot of it anyway!" Kiyae laughed.

The next moment, Kiyae sighed deeply. "Now, there is some problem within their community, and we haven't been hearing much from them, so..."

The two of them separated from the hug, and Kiyae glanced around with narrowed eyes. There were screaming everywhere, smoke rising in the air from the tribal village and the deafening roars of animals from the Sacred Forest.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Kiyae proceeded to look at the mirror on the ground, tilting her head in confusion. "Also, isn't that the treasured heirloom of Linqin's tribe?"

Cecil didn't waste time explaining the situation to Kiyae, but not exposing where Hana and K'xug had gone. She told Kiyae they were settling some other business.

"..."

"..."

"So it's that devil that the captain partnered on a whim again," Kiyae clicked her tongue in disapproval, her gaze was fierce. "We forged close bonds with all the Sen tribes, there is no way we would sit back and watch their downfall."

"Hahaha!"

The two of them heard a familiar laughter up in the skies. Cecil blinked, looking up and seeing a large winged silhouette still flying in the clouds, glancing back at Kiyae.

"Yeah, that's the captain, along with the pretty bird that Linqin gave us just two years ago–"

Kiyae gasped, looking back and Cecil reacted at the same time.

"Watch out!"

The two of them leapt out of the way, a shadow made out of dark magic cutting the path they were standing in before. The demon from before, appearing more battered, panted heavily behind them with a malicious look in her eyes as blood dripped down her forehead.

The grass in the path instantly withered away from the pure force of dark magic.

"More of you again?" Kiyae glared at the female demon. "You just don't stop interfering with us mortals that have no involvement in your matters, huh?"

"The demon lord said those who colluded with the angels must die, and you mortals are one of them!"

Kiyae cracked her knuckles, swinging her nunchucks around. "If you die in the process, don't blame us. It's only fair we protect ourselves. Don't think I will go soft on you because of how pretty you are."

Kiyae signalled to Cecil, telling Cecil to leave this fight to her.

At the same time, there were soft footsteps behind Cecil, and she heard someone calling out to her.