• END •

It started out like any other ordinary day.

The guardian of the Sacred Forest, and loyal guardian of the coffin, awoke from his nap. He opened his wide mouth, letting out a yawn as he stretched lazily. Ever since Cecil bestowed the power to shrink and enlarge his body at will, Dada never found the need to transform back into a humanoid shape.

He preferred having fur all over his body.

"Oracle. Say good morning."

Dada trudged over to the coffin, blinking the sleep away from his eyes and it was then, Dada realised there were no vines around the coffin. He had been unconsciously avoiding stepping on them since he had taken this path everyday.

"What? Why? How?"

Dada blinked rapidly, glancing around frantically. No matter how many times he checked, there were no vines present around the coffin. Moreover, upon closer inspection, he realised that the cover of the coffin had been blown off. It was laying on a patch of grass, abandoned.

"Tell them! Hurry!"

Dada disappeared into the Sacred Forest.

***

Cecil hummed a melody to herself as she dressed herself in the red long-sleeved gown that revealed her neckline. It was laced with intricate black patterns and came with a pair of black gloves. She admired the handiwork on the beautiful dress, twirling around and smirking to herself.

"I knew I chose the right servant."

"Miss Cecil Lan? We are ready to depart anytime, and the fastest ship has been prepared."

Cecil clicked her tongue to herself.

Not the damned ships. I'll be discovered.

And I still need to put on my make-up!

She said I was only given three chances to use it.

Cecil bit on her lower lip, pinching her fingertips together.

"Miss Cecil Lan?"

"Ye-yes! I am ready!"

She let out a soft sigh, fixing her expression as she made her way to the entrance of the tent and pushed it open. Once again, the tailor went silent at the pure beauty of Cecil Lan, and she could see the awe in his eyes.

How cute.

She smiled at him, lowering her eyes shyly.

"We should hurry."

"Wh-what? Oh, yes! O-of course! This way!"

After the chieftains of each tribe decided to open up the borders to the world, it was no longer a surprise to see people dressed in different fashion. However, Cecil garnered attention because of her striking beauty.

At that moment, someone raced past Cecil on a beast. They were clearly rushing to somewhere and the rider of that mount was none other than Linqin.

"Stop, stop!" Linqin called out, turning the mount back. "I could have sworn that was..."

She hurried back to the raven-haired woman dressed in a flamboyant red gown that was dragging across the grass. She frowned at the unusual choice of fashion. She knew this wasn't the fashion that the woman, she regarded as her friend, liked.

"Cecil Lan?"

Cecil flinched, her eyes widening.

"Th-the chieftain's sister?! Mi-Miss Cecil Lan, is she your friend?!"