• 227 •

Veau stretched his palm forward, observing the blinding scene before him.

The light magic leaking out from the dead angel's body was growing uncontrollable.

Within seconds before it exploded, black mist swiftly shot out of Veau's outstretched palm. It engulfed the entire area in a dark magic barrier, and just like that, the light magic was swallowed up in one swift motion.

The angel's body disintegrated at the same time.

He retracted his dark magic, letting out a sigh. "Why am I always left to such a bothersome job?"

Hearing no response from his brother, Veau turned to look at Zeau.

Just then, he saw Zeau gripping onto his wrist tightly, a pained look on his face. Veau raised his eyebrows, smiling lazily.

"It has started."

Zeau smiled genially, releasing his wrist and opening up his palm. A seal that resembled the one on Hana's neck closely was inscribed onto his palm, the black vein-like patterns making a grisly sight.

"I told them to clear the remnants here," Zeau said, grimacing at the pain on his palm. "We should return, it's the most opportune time."

"Indeed, and..." Veau nodded, before turning towards the right, staring at the figure hiding behind the large trunk of the tree. "The sooner the better."

The figure stepped out from the shadows, and under the luminous glow from the tree, one could see his uncanny resemblance to Xue as he wielded a claymore.

It would be Xue, if it weren't for his reddish-orange hair and eyes, and his tribal outfit.

"Found you bastards," he growled out, a menacing grin on his face. "This time, ya better give me a good fight instead of running like a dog with its tail stuck between its legs."

"How persistent." Veau remarked.

"Haha! That's what I am!" he barked out, rushing forward. "Get yourself ready!"

He surged towards Veau, and the cobalt blue-haired devil simply vanished from the spot. Zeau didn't waste any time, conjuring a dark magic portal.

"You'll find a match of your own pretty soon," Zeau commented, stepping through the portal and the seal on his palm was emitting an unsettling amount of dark magic. "Soul fragment."

"Ah, hey! Ya cowards are running again!"

"You mean right now, brother." Veau followed behind, and he glanced at something behind the reddish orange-haired man.

A glint was seen within the shadows and Veau simply swivelled his head the other way, shoving Zeau forward at the same time. The spear nicked him on the cheek, landing on the ground beside them.

Veau wiped at the cut on his cheek, and the two demon brothers simply disappeared through the portal. They were not planning to wait around for the spear to return to its owner.

The reddish orange-haired man lunged for them a second too late, his claymore touching empty air as they disappeared from the spot, the portal closing.

"Ah shit, they ran away again!" he barked, ruffling his hair as he continued barking out the next few words. "Who was it?! Who was the bastard that interfered with my fight?!"

He spun around, the aggravated look on his face matching his rough personality and appearance. That's when he came face to face with a handsome ash blonde-haired man, bearing a striking resemblance to him.

"...!"

The same man called his spear back to his side in an instant, and another person stepped out behind, his eyes, one red and one black, his stare piercing.