• 202 •

Everyone of them retreated back to a massive house prepared by Masaru and Tsuki, for all of them to recuperate in. Despite being late into the night, none of them were feeling sleepy but rather restless.

In the living room, some of them sat on the cushions on the tatami floor while the rest stood or leaned against the wall. The faint scent of jasmine tea permeated around the room, and it was prepared by the ever capable assistant, Masaru.

Since he was already planning to reveal his true identity, Rugi in the body of Xue, asked Masaru to stay behind as he started to explain.

"So how many versions of you are out there?" Haru questioned.

"Five?" Kiyae tilted her head.

"How about ten?" Ryo rubbed at his neck.

"Not ten?! Th--then twenty?" Haru coughed out.

Rugi shook his head to all the questions.

"Fifty." Yun guessed confidently, adjusting his glasses.

"Fifty. To think you could even guess this right, as expected of the tacitian, Yun." Rugi nodded along to his conjecture.

"It was just a lucky guess, Rugi--"

"Ah, do not bother," Rugi smiled. "Call me Xue from now on."

Rugi looked down at his kimono that was still shredded in places. They haven't changed out of their dirty outfits, and Cecil had already bandaged his wounds up.

He wasn't used to wearing clothes tightly and he started tugging at it, loosening it. Once again, his actions seem to naturally exude the seductive air that always surrounded him.

"It's tight and stuffy," Rugi mumbled to himself, the kimono now loose and almost sliding off his shoulder. "How vexing."

K'xug witnessed this scene and heard those words, facepalming himself and chuckling.

Exactly like Xue when he is drunk.

Even his actions are similar.

On the other hand, the other three widened their eyes in shock, so much so that it looked like they were bulging out.

"Fi...fifty..." Haru muttered to himself, opening up his palms. "There are fifty different Xue out there?!"

Hana hopped over to Haru, nodding eagerly. "Yes, fifty! That's why we have been travelling around to gather them all! It's so fun!"

Haru started to think of the many different versions of Xue out there. His head began to spin as these tiny versions of Xue he imagined hovered in the air, spouting out the word "peasant" with different mannerisms.

Who knows how his imagination strayed this far.

"Hey captain," Kiyae grabbed Haru by the shoulders, slapping his face lightly. "Don't start imagining funny things and spin up a ridiculous tale like you do with us."

"One peasant, two peasant, three peasant...eleven peasant...fifty of them saying peasant..."

"Why would they say peasant? Who is saying peasant?" Hana tilted her head in confusion.

"Don't listen to his nonsense, Hana," Kiyae clicked her tongue in disapproval. "This captain of ours is beyond our understanding."

"Fifty...fifty?!" Ryo exclaimed, rushing forward and wanting to tackle Rugi.

However, he hesitated upon seeing the familiar face of Xue, knowing that the crazy strong man he knew wouldn't allow others to tackle him like that. That's when he remembered, this was an easy-going version of Xue.