• 282 •

The villagers settled down and they decided to hold the large banquet they had been planning while awaiting Xue's return. They were holding the banquet in the middle of the town square, the snow falling lightly upon the ground. The town was vibrant and warm, the villagers smiling from ear to ear, and eventually, they began to dance around the large campfire with impromptu music.

The crowd was a mixture of every race, whether they were angels, demons, mortals or a mix of those three, they were still happily dancing with one another.

Xue watched the villagers with a dazed look. This happy and serene atmosphere wasn't one he was used to.

"Why do you look like that?" Cecil questioned, sitting down next to Xue on the wooden bench and gave him a cup of warm tea.

Xue continued staring at the crowd dancing away with gleeful laughter and smiles. The atmosphere was so infectious, even Xue couldn't help smiling a little.

"When I was still the Supreme God, I always wanted peace among all the races but I couldn't envision it," he said, taking a sip of his tea. "It might have been an impossible dream, but I wanted to make it possible."

"It's not impossible now."

Xue nodded, looking back at the crowd with a toothy grin. "Yeah, this was the peace I've always wanted."

A young Kilgitsu danced until their eyes were spiraling and they collapsed to the ground. The people around him were filled with hearty laughter as they helped him up. Right now, it didn't matter who or what they were.

"It'll be here to stay," Cecil softened the look in her eyes, moving closer to Xue and leaned on his shoulder. "Now that I think about it, it's upsetting."

"What is?"

"That I wasn't here for you when you were in so much pain and suffering," Cecil sighed and furrowed her eyebrows, meeting his eyes. "We've been through so many lives together, but I couldn't be beside you this time."

"I'm glad you weren't here."

"Why?"

"I don't know how I would have treated you, and I might even hurt you in ways I don't dare to imagine," Xue shook his head, a troubled look on his face. "I have to thank Tano for what he did."

[ Tano: Of course! In the future I saw, he completely destroyed the world exactly as that old man wanted! ]

[ Sevont: Tano told me everything. It must have been hard on everyone. We won't let the Creator win this time. ]

"...is what they said." Cecil stated, telling Xue what Tano and Sevont spoke in her mind.

Upon hearing her words, a deep frown appeared on Xue's face.

"Why do you look so unhappy?"

"Even if it's the only place they can hide, I don't like how they are inside your mind."

[ Tano: That old man cannot know about our existence, or we'll be wiped out completely. Stop being petty~! ]

[ Sevont: I always knew you were the type to be easily jealous, Xue. ]

Cecil laughed at their interaction as Xue clicked his tongue.

"All of you, shut up too. You have no right to speak."

It seemed like the soul fragments inside Xue's mind were lecturing him about being petty as well.

"Alright, alright, don't get too upset," Cecil grinned, laying her head on Xue's shoulder and snuggling up to him. "You know you are the only one for me, and that will never change for an eternity."