Colours // Mashton

~ So this might not be the best thing I've ever written but eh.

Also, it's time for some shameless self promotion. Could you guys please please please go read my Muke book The Love Album? It's actually a school project and it'd be super amazing if I could show it to my english teacher and prove that I can actually write stuff people care about.

Anyways, I'm working on some of the requests right now and I just wanted to remind you that if you have any requests of your own, send them in. I'm always open for new ideas and it doesn't matter if it's just an idea or if you've got basically the whole thing planned out, just send me a message or leave a comment and I'll do the best I can :) xx /M ~

Some people actually believe in the movies and novels telling stories about true, neverending love, about people meeting their soulmate at a very young age and living happily ever after with them. And maybe there are people who get that lucky, who actually has that happening to them, but if there is, they're rare. It's much more likely you'll find your soulmate only to realise that they don't want anything to do with you, that they're way too busy loving someone else to even look your way.

With this in mind, maybe it isn't so hard to understand why Michael didn't want to find his soulmate. With his parents dropping him on his grandma's doorstep as soon as he was old enough to sit on his own in order for them to go off and "live" and his cousin getting dumped by her soulmate because he didn't find her interesting enough, Michael had lost all his faith in love and the wish to find his other half had completely vanished. Maybe he did feel alone at times, maybe there were nights when he wished he could just find someone who would hold him and tell him everything he needs to hear, maybe there were days when he wished he could see all these colours people were talking about, but then he thought about it and living in a world of black and white seemed like a small price to pay for not risk getting your heart broken, ripped out from your chest and stamped on. And even if that didn't happen, finding your soulmate would only result in you going back to a world of black and white when they passed on, and that pain couldn't possibly be worth it.

As if this weren't enough, he also feared that the person who he was meant to spend forever with would be a girl. Michael, being as gay as they get, had never understood why some people found two lumps of fat on someone's chest and a hole between their legs so attractive and he had no desire to discover what it looked like in real life either.

To avoid this, to avoid finding the one person he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with, Michael didn't look people in the eyes. Sure, there were a few exceptions, his grandma, cousin and best friend Luke being some of them, but whenever he left the house he made sure to avoid eye contact at all cost. This made him come off as rude towards most people and he'd been insulted more times than he can count but as long as it meant staying safe, Michael didn't care. the rude comments, the teasing from people able to see colours, none of it bothered him. The society were designed so that you'd be able to live in any way you please, colours or not, and he was far from the only one living in a world with black and white.

~

That's who Michael used to be, before he met Ashton.

Ashton was the kid in school everybody knew about but that no one really knew. He was the kid who wasn't afraid to voice his opinion, unpopular or not, and who didn't care about social status. he was known by everybody but didn't seem to have any real friends. this bothered Michael, even though you at the time wouldn't have been able to get him to admit it, and pissed him off at the same time. Ashton seemed like a nice guy, he should have friends. But there wasn't much Michael could do about it, he didn't have a lot of friends either, he only had Luke.