Teddy // Muke

~ This one wasn't requested but I had this idea and I really wanted to write it so I did. 

also I'm sorry I'm not updating a whole lot at the moment but I've got a lot going on. I hope you understand xx /M ~ 

If someone had told a fifteen year old Luke Hemmings that he within two years would become a father, he would’ve laughed in this person’s face, telling them to stop fucking around and get back to work. He didn’t know, still being no more than a kid, feeling like nothing was more important than doing well in school, doing as much of the homework as possible during the day so he’d be able to go home and play video games afterwards.

If someone had told him this, they would’ve been right.

She was his girlfriend at the time, a few years older and not on the pill, apparently. She blamed him, her parents blamed him and he blamed himself. So he wasn’t really surprised when he came home to find out that they’d moved away, leaving town to “deal with it” somewhere else.

Knowing he should be relieved, Luke didn’t talk about it much. He ignored the feelings of loss, he guilt, the sadness. He ignored the voices in his head, screaming at him, calling him a murderer.

And then, almost a year later, there was a knock on the front door. Luke, sixteen at the time, had opened it, expecting his friend Calum or maybe one of his brother’s friends, only to find his old girlfriend standing there, backpack slung over her shoulder and with what looked like a blanket in her arms. She looked tired and, even though Luke wouldn't ever say it out loud, she had gained a lot of weight.

Telling him he’d find all the paperwork he’d need in the backpack, she’d handed him the blanket before throwing the backpack past him and turning around, running back to a waiting car and getting in before he’d even had the chance to open his mouth.

It wasn’t until then, when the car had disappeared out of sight, that he looked down on the blanket, that was a lot heavier than it should’ve been. Finding a pair of dark blue eyes staring back at him, Luke had then almost lost his footing, having to lean against the door to stop himself from falling to the floor.

And that is how Luke Hemmings became a father.

~

Now, had the same someone who told the fifteen year old he’d have a child told the eighteen year old, living with his daughter in a small apartment just outside central Sydney, that he were to meet a man like Michael Clifford, he wouldn’t have believed them. Why would someone like that want anything to do with me? He would’ve asked before rushing off to make sure Abra, the center of his universe, wasn’t doing something that might result in her getting hurt.

However, this someone would, once again, have been right.

It wasn’t long after Luke’s eighteenth birthday, only a few weeks left until Abra was to turn two, that someone moved into the apartment two floors above the young man and his daughter. Luke had watched two young men, who couldn’t have been much older than him, carry furniture from a truck to the house. He hadn’t been spying on them, Abra just happened to find one of the men’s bright red hair fascinating.

Luke had been concerned. He had been able to hear the music coming from the truck all the way to the third floor and if it turned out that his new neighbour was the partying type, the one to listen to music that loud until four o’clock in the morning and having twenty people over every weekend, he knew they wouldn’t be able to get along.

Luckily for him, the man wasn’t like that at all.

A few days passed without Luke seeing the two men again. He still hadn’t been sure who his new neighbour was, for all he knew it could have be both of them, but there had been no loud music and no partying and Luke hadn’t felt the need to interact with his new neighbour, possible neighbours.