I love you in eight different languages // Muke

Michael’s P.O.V

“I’m bored.” I sigh and throw my phone on the bed next to me before getting up and walking over to Luke, who’s laying on one of the other beds in the room. “Luuuukey.” I whine as I throw myself on top of him. He pushes me off and I end up laying on the floor between his bed and Ashton’s. “Luke, what’d you do that for?” I pout and look up at him, but he’s gone back to scrolling through his twitter and doesn’t notice. I stay on the floor for a while but when I realise he won’t put his phone down I get up and walk back to my bed, throwing myself on it and burrowing my face in the pillow.

“Alright, so what do you wanna do?” Luke asks half an hour later, when I’ve forgotten why I left the bed in the first place.

“I don’t know, let’s go out or something.” He nods and I roll off the bed, literally, before walking over to my suitcase. It takes a while for me to find a shirt that hasn’t been worn yet and I make a mental note to have Ashton to do my laundry sometime soon, but since he isn’t here at the moment I can’t tell him and I don’t have my phone so I’ll probably forget it and end up wearing someone else’s clothes for a month before someone remembers it for me.

“Alright, let’s go.” Luke emerges from the bathroom and heads to the door, leaving everything he’ll need behin. I roll my eyes and grabs his phone and wallet before following him out of the hotel room, knowing we’ll probably get halfway down the street before he notices he forgot his things.

We leave the hotel and walk down the street, not knowing where we’re heading. It’s nice, actually taking the time to look around a bit, since we never really have time to do that otherwise. I’m not quite sure where we are at the moment, probably should have listened when they talked about it but sleeping seemed like a really good idea at the time, but it’s definitely not London. In fact, I’m pretty sure we’re not in England at all.

“Look! Let’s go on one of those!” Luke grabs my hand and points at a big green double decker with the words “hop on hop off” written in yellow on the sides. I agree, knowing he won’t drop it if I refuse, and let him drag me over to the big bus. He runs right past the lady standing next to the open doors, leaving me to pay for our tickets. I then walk up the stairs to where he’s sitting, handing him a pair of earphones.

“plug them in up there and select your language.” I explain, pointing at the radio thingy above his head. He nods and puts both of our headphones and turns them both to english.

An hour later I’m really regretting letting him sit closest to the window, and to the language settings thingy, because it turns out he finds it extremely funny to change the language for me every ten seconds.

“Oh look, this is the end station, come on let’s go.” I stand up and leave the bus before he’s had a chance to say anything. I head over to a bench and sit down, watching the people pass by while I wait for him to join me.

“You forgot your headphones.” Luke sits down next to me, handing me the bright green headphones that probably won’t work for more than five minutes. 2and I have no idea where we are right now.

“Me neither, but does it matter?” He smiles and shakes his head, leaning back. We stay there for a while, neither of us saying a word. Eventually it starts getting cold and I realise we haven’t eaten since breakfast. “Come on, let’s go eat something.” I grab his hand, pulling him on his feet before starting to walk. He doesn’t let go of my hand though and for some reason that makes my heart beat a little faster. I’ve had these feelings for Luke for a while now, even though I haven’t admitted it to myself until now, and him holding my hand makes me want to giggle like a little school girl.

“What about pizza?” Luke asks after five minutes and without waiting for an answer, or maybe because he knows I’ll say yes, he pulls me over the street and into the pizzeria. It takes a while for us to order the pizza though, since we can’t agree on what to have on it and once we do, we need another five minutes to get the man on the other side of the counter to understand what we’re saying since he doesn’t speak english that well. Half an hour later I exit the pizzeria, a few minutes after Luke cine I had to ask the man something, and we head over to a nearby park. it’s pretty cold outside by now and the park is almost completely empty. We end up sitting on the swings in the playground, eating the pizza in silence. A few people walk past us, all of them too caught up in their own worlds to notice us, but other than that we’re alone.

“hey Luke?” he hums, letting me know I have his attention. “Ti amo” He looks up from his phone, that I gave him an hour ago when he realised he didn’t have it,

“What? What does that mean?” I stand up from the swing and throws the now empty box away. “Mikey, what did you say?”

“Alright, this is the same thing but in a different language.” I tell him, sitting back down. “Je t’aime.” He shakes his head, putting his phone back in his pocket and turning around so he’s facing me.

“That’s french but that’s all I know.” He says.

“Volim te” I say, smiling. I’m probably pronouncing the words all wrong but Luke doesn’t know that.

“I have no idea what you’re saying but it sounds really cute.” I try my hardest not to blush when he says that and quickly look away. “I didn’t know you were this good at languages.” I don’t answer, in fact I don’t say anything until I’m sure I’ve got the blushing under control.

“te quiero.” I then say, not daring to look up just yet since I know he’ll notice if I’m blushing even a little.

“Nope.”

“tew grew e gum let”

“Is that even a real language?” he asks, laughing, and I nod.

“It’s irish, don’t you listen when Niall tells us something?” he tries to move around so he has one leg on each side of the swing and ends up laying in the sand instead, looking up at me.

“to be honest, no not all the time.” he admits, sitting up. “I mean I try to but sometimes I get distracted by someone else.”

“Alright well...ich liebe dich.” he laughs and gets on his feet, sitting back down on the swing next to me.

“Still no clue.”

“jag elsker dej.” I try my best to pronounce the weird words but since I only just found out how to say it and since the man teaching them to me wasn’t a very good teacher it probably sounds really bad.

“nope I give up.” he shakes his head and I’m suddenly feeling very nervous.

“Alright, last one.” I stand up and walk over to him, sitting down on his lap. He looks up at me, a small smile on his face as he waits, and I have to blink a few times before I remember how to speak. “I love you.”

“M-mikey I w-w-what?” his eyes widen and he turns into a stuttering mess. “It’s not that I don’t...I mean I…”

“Luke?” when I’m sure he won’t start yelling at me or tell me he hates me I speak up again.

“yeah?”

“Shut up” and with that I lean forward and press my lips on his.

~ AN: I don't even know what I just did ~