Disconnected // Cake

~ So this was requested by @radioactive-pizza and I am so so sorry because it didn't go as I wanted it to and it's really not that good but let me know if you want me to try again because I will :)

Oh and another thing, for all of you. As you've probably noticed, english isn't my first lauguage so if there's any words or phrases I use wrong or if I misspell things, let me know :) xx /M ~

“Hey Luke? Wanna come over after school today?” Michael opens his locker, keeping his eyes on the tall blonde to his left as he takes his books out. Luke’s busy looking for his own books, unable to find anything in the mess he calls his locker. Michael notices his struggles and pushes Luke to the side, taking his books out from under an empty bag of chips.

“Well I can’t, I’m gonna hang out with Cal.” Luke says, failing miserably when he tries to look sad. Michael nods, doing a much better job with hiding his emotions than Luke did. After all, this isn’t anything new.

Michael and Luke have been best friends since forever. They don’t even remember when they first met, they’ve just always been together. Their mums used to joke about how they weren’t even sure which was whose son, Michael’s sure they still do, if they ever talk to each other. Parents can be so oblivious to the changes their kids go through, so he doesn’t expect his mum or Liz to have noticed that they aren’t hanging out as much anymore. It would upset his mum a whole lot, she’s never been a big fan of changes and even though people grow apart as they get older, she’s always hoped that Michael and Luke would be those friends that never ever drifted apart.

It’s not that they aren’t best friends anymore, they’re as close as ever, it’s just that to Luke that friendship seem to be limited to when they’re in school, for the time being. They still spend the lessons making funny faces at each other, trying to be the first to make the other laugh, and they mess around at lunch, but when the last bell rings Luke’s always the first out of the classroom, eager to go see his boyfriend.

Michael’s happy for him, of course he is, just like he knows Luke would be happy for him if he found someone, but he’s lonely now and sometimes he can’t help but hate Calum, hate the kiwi boy for stealing his Lukey away, for swooping in and making him forget about how Michael’s been there with him through everything, always ready to comfort him with cuddles and ice cream or to knock some sense into him. Calum makes Luke happy in ways Michael wouldn’t be able to, but Michael never expected this.

“oh, okay.” Luke nods, no longer trying to hide just how excited he is. It doesn't matter that they’ve been together for months, he still gets all excited whenever he talks about Calum, when he knows they’re soon going to see each other again. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Luke nods again before turning around, leaving Michael alone by their lockers. Michael suddenly feels very done with school so he throws his books back into his locker before slamming it shut, starting to walk towards the doors.

~

“Fancy seeing you here Hood.” the voice makes Calum jump and he spins around, trying to find where it’s coming from. “over here.” Michael’s leaning against a wall, invisible from the school’s windows. He’s holding a lighter and keeps lighting it, seemingly unaware of what he’s doing.

“What are you doing here Michael?” Calum walks closer to him, not wanting to risk being seen since he’s not allowed to be on the school grounds. “aren’t you supposed to be in class?” Michael shrugs and there’s something in his eyes, something that tells Calum that under that punk rock facade, the mask, Michael’s got up, something’s bothering him.

“school sucks.” Michael doesn’t seem like he’s going to elaborate so Calum nods before hesitantly walking over to Michael, actually managing to trip over his own feet a couple times. Michael doesn't comment on that, he’s too busy trying to hate Calum. He wants to hate him, wants to hate him for taking Luke away from him, but he can’t.