Radio // Lashton

Ashton’s P.O.V

“So how was your day?” I turn around to look at Luke, who’s laying on his, our, bed with the covers pulled up over his ears. He looks tired, extremely tired, almost as if he hasn’t slept properly in a while.

“It was good, we met a lot of fans today before the show.” I tell him as I walk around in the room, looking for my phone. “Michael fell during the show though, hurt his foot pretty bad.” I pull my shirt off and throw it on the floor before laying down to look under the bed. “He’ll be fine though.”

“Oh, tell him I said to feel better.” Luke says from the bed. “And your phone is in your backpocket.” I get on my feet again, slightly embarrassed. This is probably the fifth time in a week I’ve “lost” my phone just to later find it in my hand or my pocket. “My mum just got home.” He tells me after a while.

“Oh...well uh.” I lay down on the bed so that I can see him better. Times like these I really wish I could connect my laptop to the TV and watch him that way, but I can’t. “I miss you Lukey, I really do.” He smiles sadly at me.

“I miss you too Ash, so much.”

“I love you, goodnight.” before I get a chance to do anything my screen goes black. For some reason I can still hear him though, and I hear how he whispers “I love you” back, something that makes me smile, but then I hear choked back sobs and that just...it breaks my heart. I miss him so damn much and knowing that he’s sad and lonely without me makes it so much worse. I’m here, touring the world with some of my best friends, and he’s back home with his family. The timezones doesn’t make things better either, when we were just touring Australia he could come with us a lot more and we could say goodnight and good morning to each other since we had almost the same time and it was just...better. It was so much better. I tried to talk him into coming with us here but for some reason, that reason being his parents, he couldn’t. I understand that, wanting your son to have a good education and stuff, but shouldn’t it be more important to them that he’s happy?

I leave my hotel room the next morning, after sending Luke the usual good morning text, and walk over to Calum’s room, knowing he’ll be awake. I have to knock on the door for a good five minutes before he opens it though, and he doesn’t look too happy with me when he does.

“Keep it down will you?” He asks as he opens the door enough for me to get inside and then quickly closes it again. At first I can’t understand why he’d ask me to be quiet but then I notice the red hair sticking up from under the covers on his bed.

“really Cal?” I turn to him, eyebrows raised, and cross my arms, waiting for an explanation. He shrugs and walks over to the couch. I follow him, sitting down opposite to him. He runs a hand through his messy hair before picking up a shirt from the floor and putting it on.

“He was sad.” he whispers. “His foot was really hurting and he was almost crying and I couldn’t say no to him, you know I can’t.” I look over at Michael again and know he’s right. Calum has always had a soft spot for Michael, always letting him get his way and just looking after him in general. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out he’s in love with Michael, but he hasn’t said anything about it so I don’t know.

“I know.” I mumble, knowing I wouldn’t have been able to say no if it had been me and Luke, but it isn’t. Luke isn’t here, he’s miles away and he’s most probably asleep right now. Calum must have seen something change about me once I started thinking about Luke because he moves closer to me, putting an arm around my shoulders.

“what’s bothering you Ash?” He asks and I tell him about how I heard Luke cry last night and how much I miss him, how I wish I was back home with him. Once I’m done, Calum opens his mouth to say something but he gets interrupted by a yawn coming from the bed and Michael’s raspy morning voice.

“Cal?” somehow he manages to sound very tiny and scared and Calum is on his feet before i even get a chance to react, hurrying over to the bed and sitting down next to Michael.

“i’m here Mikey, how are you feeling?” I can’t hear Michael’s reply but Calum immediately climbs into bed, laying down and pulling Michael close. I stay on the couch, watching them for a while until he finally remember that I exist as well. “So what are you gonna do?” he asks me. i’m guessing Michael fell asleep again because he doesn’t react at all.

“I don’t know, I mean I know what I want to do but...” I sigh and stands up. “I should leave you two alone.”

“I’ll be thinking about this Ash, I’ll text you if I come up with something.” Calum says, making sure he has his phone within reach before I leave the room. I walk back to my room, wondering if maybe Alex is awake. I don’t check though, instead I throw myself on the bed and spend the day watching cat videos on youtube. Right after lunch however, I receive a text from Calum, telling me he has an idea.

Luke’s P.O.V

I sigh, putting down my pen and turning my attention to the big tree outside the classroom while I listen to the song that’s being played on the radio. I guess we have pretty good teachers at my school, most of them actually listen to music during class, like right now, and we’re allowed to wear caps and stuff, not that it matters to me. I haven’t talked to Ashton for a few days and he’s all I think about. I miss him so much, so extremely much.

“Next we have a call all the way from New York city. Hello Michael.” The radio host’s words catches my attention.

“Hiiii!” Yep, that’s our Michael. That’s definitely Michael Clifford, the lead guitarist in Ashton’s band and one of my best friends. The rest of the class are now listening as well, not even pretending to work. Michael, Calum and Alex used to go to this school so people obviously know them. I miss the next thing the host says but I catch Michael’s answer. “Well you see I have this friend who has a boyfriend who’s a friend of mine as well.” when he says this everyone turns to me and I hide my face in my hands, blushing like mad. "This friend, the first one, asked me to call you and ask you to play a song for his boyfriend. He couldn’t call himself but he hoped it’d be alright anyway.”

“what song are we talking about?”

“Somewhere in neverland.” I’m really glad my face is already hidden because when I hear that I tear up. We were listening to that song the first time we kissed, almost two years ago, and it’s been our song ever since. Michael and the host says goodbye and then the song starts playing. I sit in silence listening to it, just like the rest of the class and even the teacher, and I’m just as surprised as them when the classroom door swings open. There he is, standing in the doorway with his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face.

“Ashton!” I don’t care about the looks I get as I run through the classroom and throws myself in his arms, I don’t care about the laughter as he stumbles backwards, almost falling over. Nothing matters except for the fact that he’s here.

“I missed you Luke, I missed you so much. Please come back with me.” He whispers in my ear and in that moment I don’t care about my future. I don’t care about getting good grades so that I can get a job, I don’t care about my parents or my teachers, all that matters is Ashton.

“Yes, let’s run away.” I whisper back before pressing my lips to his.

~ AN: So that happened. What did you think? Loved it? Hated it? Let me know /M ~