Nap Time // CALM

~ I wasn't going to update until tomorrow but since I love you guys so much and since i'm in a relatively good mood, about as good as it gets for me, i'm doing it now. 

There are more of these to expect by the way, I've got at least three more planned so hopefully you like them. xx /M ~ 

If you were to break into the 5sos house, at any given time, you would almost definitely find at least one of it’s inhabitants asleep. They are only young boys after all, and sleep is something they aren’t getting enough off.

So when Ashton enters enters the kitchen at four in the afternoon and finds Luke sitting on the floor, struggling to open a jar of nutella with tears in his eyes, he just rolls his eyes.

“Ashton you’re such an asshole this isn’t fair!” Luke whines. “you can’t go around and tighten all the lids just because you’re the strongest here.”

“I didn’t even do anything,” Ashton says, taking the jar from Luke and opening it. “you just didn’t do it right.” Luke gets on his feet again and takes the jar from Ashton.

“I didn’t mean to call you an asshole Ash.” he mumbles, wrapping his arms around Ashton’s waist. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Ashton smiles and hands Luke a spoon, kissing his cheek. “I’m gonna go for a run, and I suggest you take a nap or something, how long have you been up?”

“like...a while.” Luke shrugs, digging the spoon into the jar. “like since Michael got up.”

“that was at like two am.”

“that’s why I said a while.” Ashton grabs a water bottle and Luke puts the Nutella jar back in the pantry. “I’m gonna take a nap.”

And even though they both know they should try to get their sleep schedule sorted out, they know that’s something that won’t happen until the day before they have to start doing stuff again. Not that anyone would blame then, because, as mentioned before, they are no more than young boys, still stuck in the teenage years, and the last thing on their mind are sleeping schedules.

So Luke walks across the house, past Michael’s closed door and over to Calum’s. And at the same time as Ashton leaves through the front door, Luke enters the dark haired boy’s room.

“Hi Luke.” Calum smiles at the sight of his blonde boyfriend. Luke smiles too, and walks over to where Calum’s sitting on the bed, with a guitar on his lap and a notebook open in front of him. “what’s up?”

“tired, wanna cuddle.” Luke lays down behind Calum, wrapping one arm around the shorter’s waist and pressing his face to his back.

“I’ll cuddle you in a moment.” Calum promises, going back to writing. Normally, Luke would’ve complained, wanting Calum to drop what he’s doing and cuddle him right away, but he’s too tired and laying there listening to Calum strum the guitar and mumble words to himself, occasionally writing something down, feels like a great option.

And if Luke then ended up falling asleep while listening to Calum’s voice, if Calum then decided to let the songwriting wait for another day and instead laid down, pulling Luke closer until he’s got the blondes’ head on his chest, running his hand through the soft hair until he too falls asleep, who would want to take such a thing from them? Sleeping next to someone you love is one of the best things in the world, and to take such a thing away from anyone you’d have to be a certain kind of asshole. Luckily, no one interrupts the two boys and they’re left to sleep in peace. For a while.

~

An hour after leaving the house, Ashton opens the door again, taking his shoes off before he’s even fully inside. The house in silent, something that’s rare considering who’s living there, and Ashton tries his best to be quiet when he walks up the stairs to his room, quickly getting undressed and grabbing a towel before heading to the bathroom. He leaves the door unlocked, wanting to be able to get out quickly if anything were to happen, before stepping into the shower, not really caring about how cold the water is at first. Humming a tune a person listening to him wouldn’t have been able to name, he gradually turns the water temperature up, washing his hair and maybe, possibly, having a quick wank.

He then left the bathroom, getting dressed before going to get something to eat. The seemingly empty house soon gives him an uneasy feeling though, and after he’s eaten he goes to find the others. Walking through the livingroom, he turns down the hall and stops in front of Michael’s door. He carefully opens it, not wanting to disturb the younger boy, and finds Michael sitting in front of his computer, the only light coming from the screen since the blinds are closed.

Michael doesn’t react when the door is opened and Ashton soon realises that he’s too caught up in his game to be much of a company, and so the hazel eyed boy leaves again. He continues to Calum’s room, pushing the door open and smiling at the sight he’s met with. Calum and Luke are both sleeping, Luke with Calum’s shirt in a tight grip and Calum with his fingers tangled in Luke’s hair. Surely, no one would be surprised to find out what Ashton does next, because who would willingly turn down a chance to cuddle with someone you love.

Luke stirs in his sleep when Ashton lays down next to him and the older boy is quick to wrap his arm around his waist.

“it’s just me Lukey.” he whispers and Luke attempts to open his eyes, only to fail miserably. “go back to sleep.”

“mm’kay.” Luke rolls over to press his nose to Ashton’s neck instead, Calum almost automatically following so he’s spooning Luke. “night Ash.”

“night Luke.” Ashton reaches out to intertwine his fingers with Calum’s before falling asleep, surprisingly fast.

~

Michael sighs and turns his computer off, taking his headphones off. The friends he were playing with have gone to bed, them being eleven hours ahead of him, and now he’s bored.  Standing up and stretching, he then leaves his room for the first time since breakfast.

“Calum?” the house is silent and for a moment, Michael thinks they’ve all left to go out somewhere without telling him, but they always tell him if they leave and surely they would’ve done the same now. “Luke?” he goes upstairs, looking into both Luke’s and Ashton’s rooms and the bathroom before coming back downstairs. “Ash?” there’s still no answer and Michael looks through the kitchen again, this time looking for a note or something that’ll let him know where they are.

When he can’t find anything, he walks back to his room. Just as he’s about to enter it, he notices that Calum’s door is closed, something that’s extremely rare. Usually, Calum only closes his door when he’s getting off, and if he is Michael might as well join him, the green eyes boy really craving some human contact.

He opens the door, staying in the doorway for a few moments while he waits for his eyes to get used to the dark. When they do, his whole body relaxes and he smiles, stepping over discarded clothes and walking over to the bed. He stands there for a while, watching the three sleeping beauties, before laying down next to Calum, covering all four of them in a blanket.

“Mikey?” knowing Calum has a tendency of talking in his sleep, Michael simply kisses the boy’s neck and moves closer to him. Calum doesn’t say anything else and Michael closes his eyes, making sure he’s as close as humanly possible to the others before falling asleep as well.

And maybe they did end up sleeping until eight pm, maybe they did end up ordering pizza and staying up late, laughing and kissing and watching movies until they fell asleep again, all of them in a big pile on the couch. Maybe they did the same thing for the following week, but does it really matter? Isn’t love, at the end of the day, what’s truly matter, and isn’t being with the people you love what we should focus on in life?