Alone This Holiday // Cashton

~ so here we go, starting this Christmas special off a day later than I said because I can't count for shit (no joke) with the worst of the Christmas oneshots (they're all pretty bad but yeah) This one is probably the shortest one as well so be ware. 

I'm gonna dedicate this to the first person to ever comment on one of my stories here, @fangirl-13. Honestly, if it hadn't been for you I probably wouldn't have gotten into writing like I do today, since i've never really believed in what I do is any good and that comment you left really boosted my confidence, so thank you xx /M ~ 

Call your family, tell them you’re sick xx

Ashton reads the text and shrugs, deciding that he might as well do as he’s told. He doesn’t feel like spending Christmas with his and Calum’s families now that Calum’s out of town, away on some meeting even though it’s christmas day and even though he wasn’t supposed to work. So he picks his phone up again and texts his mum, telling her that he’s gotten sick and has decided to stay home tonight, assuring her that he doesn’t need anyone coming over to check on him. When he’s done that he goes back to the livingroom of their small home, a house they’ve only lived in for about four months. He lights a fire in the open fireplace and sits down, picking up one of the books laying on the coffee table. He doesn’t really mind being alone, when you think about it Christmas nothing more than a normal Thursday, but he still feels lonely, especially when he hears a group of carolers outside, all seeming to have a good time even though it’s cold and snowy and dark. Luckily for him, he’s got a new book that he’s really been looking forward to reading and a very warm and fluffy blanket that smells just like Calum, so he’ll be doing alright. He’s still not sure why Calum texted him, why he wanted him to say he was sick, but now that he’s here and not back in the house where he grew up with the rest of his and Calum’s families he’s glad he did lie.

~

Have you eaten anything yet? xx

Another text is what makes Ashton put his book down, in the middle of a chapter, and unlock his phone. He frowns when he reads it but he quickly types in a no before going back to the adventures of Chuck and Philly, forgetting everything about being alone on Christmas day for the second time today.

~

Ashton’s almost finished his book when he hears the front door open and close. He immediately starts thinking about possible ways to defend himself from an axe murderer but his thoughts are interrupted when he hears someone place something on the floor.

“Ash?”

“Calum?” Ashton puts the book down and stands up. When he turns around he finds Calum standing there, wearing a black, way too thin coat and with snow in his hair. “Calum!” he walks around the couch and up to Calum, wrapping his arms around the taller boy.

“Hey.” Calum kisses his forehead, laughing when Ashton turns his head upwards to connect their lips. “sorry I didn’t tell you I’d be home early, I just wanted to spend Christmas alone with you this year.”

“It’s okay.” Ashton mumbles. “I actually prefer this, no people, no fighting.” Calum nods and takes his coat off, throwing it over a chair.

“I bought some chinese food, I don’t know if you’re hungry but I am.” Calum nods towards the plasticbag standing on the floor and Ashton picks it up, taking it into the kitchen. “I just got the usual.” Calum follows him and wraps his arms around Ashton’s waist, watching as he unpacks the food, placing it on the counter.

“This is good, yeah.” Ashton mumbling, making no sense to himself or to Calum, who doesn’t mention that. “let’s have dinner then.”

~

“Ashton?”

“hm?” Ashton doesn’t look up from him book when he feels Calum lay down behind him, placing his head on Ashton’s shoulder and kissing his cheek.

“I love you.” he feels Calum smile as he wraps his arms around Ashton’s waist, yawning.”

“I love you too.” Ashton says, placing his book on the table and turning around so they can cuddle. “I’m so happy you got home earlier.” Calum nods and covers them in a blanket, snuggling closer to Ashton.

“first christmas in our own house.” he whispers. “god I love you.”

“I love you too.” Ashton says again. “so much. This has been the best Christmas ever.”