Moments // Cake

~ PYA for some more FLUFF! whoop whoop! No but yeah, here we go, enjoy this, rather long, Cake fluff one-shot. Shit, I'm getting soft, this isn't me. I'm not this fluffy. 

Also, this is dedicated to @hoodedhemmo because not only are your username amazing, no your stories are SO FREAKING GOOD and you're such a nice person and ily so much :) xx /M~

Calum has always loved the snow, ever since the very first time he experienced it, which wasn’t actually that long ago. He loved it from the moment he saw it, when he woke up one morning and looked out the window, finding that the whole world had been covered in white. Seven years has it been since that, seven white winters spent outside, playing in the snow, building snowmen and making snow angels, having snow fights and making forts. And he loved how, in the evenings, the snow would fly by the window every now and then, letting him know it was still there even though it was too dark for him to see. He loved the nights spent in front of the fire, listening to the storm outside while reading or just laying there. And it seemed like all his best memories were of things that happened during the winter. His first Christmas in England will always be one of his fondest memories, but over the past two years he had made so many more, all involving a very tall, very beautiful boy with bright blue eyes.

~

“Calum!” Calum stops in his tracks, slowly turning around to face the owner of the familiar voice. He stands there, a few feet from Calum, with his hands in his pockets and snowflakes in his hair. Luke Hemmings, the boy who used to be Calum’s best friend back when he was twelve but who then slowly slipped away from him. They’ve stayed friends since then of course, but Calum got closer to Michael, a boy who never got along well with Luke, and Luke became really close with Ashton. The four hangs out together sometimes, but it’s rare since Luke and Michael always gets into fights. And now they’re standing here, no more than ten feet apart, shivering slightly. “hi.” Luke smiles and Calum can’t help but smiles back.

“HI.” Luke walks over to Calum and continues on and Calum follow, walking up next to him. “you okay?” it’s rare that the two talk to each other without anyone else around and Calum’s glad his cheeks are red from the cold because otherwise Luke would notice that he’s blushing. It started a few months back, Calum would notice everything Luke did. How his lips moved when he talked, how nice his legs looks in skinny jeans, how the piercing makes Calum want to push him against a wall and make out with him until he can’t breathe or stand.

“Yeah I’m good, I’m fine.” Luke nods, more to himself than to Calum. “I actually wanted to ask you something.”

“okay?” Calum raises an eyebrow when Luke stops walking, turning to face him. Luke nods again, looking away and biting his lip just like he does when he’s thinking hard about something, just like he does when he, without being aware of it, makes Calum extremely sexually frustrated.

“Yeah, so what I wanted to ask was if you’d want to go out with me, like on a date.”

~

and now here he is, standing in the kitchen in Luke’s home, lost in thoughts as he’s staring out the window. He’s always been comfortable here, it was never like it sometimes are when you’re at a friend’s place and you’re just sitting there too scared to move. No, Calum always got along well with the Hemming’s as a child and when he and Luke started dating they welcomed him back with open arms, practically adopting him. He’d watch football with Andrew, help Liz with the cooking and get yelled at when he did something stupid, just like Luke.

“Cal?” the call from the livingroom brings him back from his daydream and he finishes what he was doing before putting the marshmallows back in the cabinet and grabbing the two mugs. He carefully makes his way back to the livingroom, trying his best not to spill or trip as he walks across the room to where Luke’s laying, sprawled out on the fluffy rug in front of the open fireplace.