Frosty The Snowman // Mashton

~ I just...yeah

Dedicated to @Cliffocconda because you're like really really cool and you always comment on my stories and that makes me so so so happy and your stories are amazing and yeah, ily xx /M~ 

“Ashton! Wake up Ashton!” Ashton groans and rolls over, hiding his face in his pillow. “come on get up!” the hands on his shoulder doesn’t stop shaking him and after a while he turns his face to the side, opening his eyes. The clock on the bedside table reads 8:03 and Ashton suddenly feels a lot more awake. Michael’s never up this early, not unless someone literally drags him out of bed, and Ashton’s pretty sure he loves sleep more than he loves being on stage, and still, here he is, trying to get Ashton up.

“What the hell do you want Michael?” Michael finally stops shaking him and Ashton sits up, only to find Michael filly dressed with one of Calum’s beanies pulled down over his red hair. “what are you doing?”

“it’s been snowing!” Michael exclaims, bouncing up and down. “it’s been snowing and we have to build a snowman before it all melts away, so come on, let’s get dressed and go outside!” Ashton shakes his head and lays back down, closing his eyes. He tries to go back to sleep but it seems impossible and when he opens an eye to see if Michael’s given up yet, he’s met with green eyes and the biggest pout ever.

“Fine!” he gives in and throws the covers to the side, shivering when the cold air hits his body, and starts looking for clothes. Michael cheers and stays on the bed, impatiently waiting for Ashton to get ready. “alright, can we at least have breakfast first?”

“Nope.” Michael gets up and takes Ashton’s hand, pulling him out of the room. “No time.” they run down the stairs and to the front door, where Michael gets his jacket and shoes on faster than ever before. Ashton follows his lead, as if he’s got a choice, and as soon as they’ve both got gloves on they’re out the door, Michael leading the way over to the big filed they can see from their window. He scoops up a handful of snow and throws it at Ashton and the snow, cold and soft and then wet when it starts to melt on his face, makes him forget everything about being tired and wanting to go back to bed. He’s suddenly just as excited as Michael, and they get to work.

~

They work in silence while the sun slowly works it’s way up, rays of sunlight making the snow shine, just like diamonds. Ashton pauses for a moment, takes a while to look, really look. Michael’s just in front of him, adding snow to the gap between the snowman’s upper body and it’s bottom, and he’s breathtakingly beautiful. His cheeks are red from the cold, he’s got some snow stuck on his, Calum’s, beanie and his green eyes are shining just as bright at the snow in the sunlight.

“well come on then, don’t just stand there. Help me!” Michael’s voice breaks the spell and Ashton nods, pushing the ball that’s gonna be the head over to Michael and picking it up. He has to stand on his tippy toes to get it in place but eventually he does get it to stay where it is and Michael then adds some extra snow to make sure it stays in place. They then add arms and hands and Michael takes a branch laying under a tree and places it in the snowman’s hand. “we need eyes and a mouth and a nose and a pipe.” he says. “And a hat and a scarf.”

“I know where to get eyes and a nose.” Ashton says, taking his gloves off to wipe his face. “ I’ll go get it.” Michael nods and Ashton turns around and walks back to the house. He walks to the kitchen without bothering with taking his shoes off, as if the others would notice, and gets a carrot from the pantry before grabbing two piece of coal for the eyes. He’s just about to leave again when he remembers the old pipe someone gave them and that he used when he pretended to be an old man, and he gets that as well before leaving the house again.

When he gets back to the snowman, Michael’s nowhere to be seen and Ashton takes it upon himself to put on the eyes and the nose, drawing a mouth with a small piece of coal and sticking the pipe in the corner of it. When he’s done this he takes a step back, admiring his work.

“that looks great.” Michael appears next to him, holding a cylinder hat and what looks like an old piece of fabric. “I found these behind a dumpster, I don’t think anyone will miss them.” he walks over to the snowman and places the hat on it’s head before wrapping the fabric around it’s neck. When he does, a wave seem to run through their creation and the eyes, coal, suddenly looks full of life.

“wey hey!” Michael stumbles backwards in shock, falling backwards and landing in the snow by Ashton’s feet. “woops, didn’t mean to scare you there kid,” Ashton blinks a couple times before realising that yes, this is happening. “I’m Frosty, the snowman.”

“A-Ashton.” Ashton takes Michael’s hand, pulling him to his feet. “this is Michael.” Michael nods, starting to recover from the first shock.

“Well, A-Ashton and Michael, how about we have some fun yeah? It’s awfully hot today and I’d love to actually get to live a little before I melt away.” the boys nod again and before they know it they’re in the middle of a snowball fight, hiding behind trees and bushes the best they can while trying to hit each other, and Frosty, and trying not to fall over for laughing. “time out! Time out!” the snowman raises it’s arms and snowballs stops flying through the air, Ashton falling forward down in the snow from laughing so much. “it’s awfully hot today, let’s run and we’ll have some fun before I melt away.”

“o-okay.” Michael says, still trying to catch his breath. He walks over to Ashton and pulls him to his feet. “let’s go to town.” Ashton wipes the snow from his face for the fifteenth time that day and nods, and before they know it they’re running behind a snowman, down towards the town square. Even though they’re in a big town, even though the place should be crowded by now, Frosty’s able to run around like a maniac.

“Catch me if you can!” he says and they take of running again, up and down the streets and past a traffic police. The snowman only stops for a moment when he hears the police call out for them to stop. They then turned a corner and stopped, somehow being just outside of town. “I have to hurry now, but don’t you cry I’ll be back again some day!” and he took his hat and waved before turning around. Ashton wrapped his arm around Michael’s waist and they watched the snowman go.

“He’ll be back again some day.” he says and Michael nods.

~

Michael opens his eyes, taking a few moments to adjust to the dark room, and sits up.

“Ashton?” he whispers, standing up and walking over to Ashton’s bed, where the curly haired boy’s still sound asleep. “Ashton I still had the weirdest dream.” just as he’s about to climb into bed with Ashton, he trips over something, a shoe. He frowns, not understanding how one of his boots could have ended up on the floor between their beds, with a small pool of water next to it. “Ashton?” he climbs into bed, pulling the covers up over his body and wrapping his arms around Ashton’s waist, just as the clock on the bedside table goes from 8:02 to 8:03 and a knock is heard.