Silent Night // Cashton

~ AN: This sucks and i'm sorry okay? Don't hate me please /M ~ 

Ashton’s P.O.V

“Hey Calum?” I exit the bathroom and walk over to my bed, laying down. Calum hums without looking up from the small notebook in his lap. “Nevermind.” He doesn’t reply and I sigh before rolling over to lay on my stomach. I pick up my phone and opens twitter, scrolling through my timeline and retweeting a few things, following some fans and so on before I get bored and lock it again. Normally I don’t mind it when Calum’s busy writing songs but normally I have two other friends to hang out with and they both seem to have magically disappeared. It’s actually pretty weird, normally when we have a day off Michael builds a pillow fort and refuses to leave the bed all day, but today when me and Calum got back from the studio we found the room empty. No Michael, no Luke, no note, not anything. I tried to text them but so far there’s no answer, they haven’t even seen the messages. “What do you think they’re doing?” I turn around and look at Calum, but it seems like he didn’t hear me. “Luke and Michael I mean, and what do you think Luke said to get Mikey to leave the room?” when he still doesn’t respond I give up and get on my feet again, unzipping my jeans and pulling them down. I notice how Calum suddenly seems to realise he’s not alone in the room anymore because his hand stops moving over the paper. “I’m gonna take a shower.” I pull my shirt over my head and when I throw it on the bed next to him he finally looks up at me, nodding slowly.

“okay.” I walk over to the bathroom, grabbing a towel from the chair next to the door as I walk past it.

“Oh and Cal?” I turn around just as I’m about to close the door, expecting him to have turned his attention back to his book but finding his eyes already on me. “It’s okay to stare.” I close the bathroom door before he gets a chance to answer and take my boxers off before stepping into the shower. I turn the water on and let it wash over me, knowing I can take my time in here and that no one is gonna be standing right outside the door yelling at me to hurry up. “and I caught you out red handed knee deep in my heart” I’m not sure exactly what song I’m singing but I think I heard it on the radio the other day. “when I was upside down spinning round and round and round in the dark.” I turn the temperature up even more and grab a shampoo bottle. “act so sweet but you’re guilty as charged, I caught you out red handed knee deep in my heart.” It’s a cute song really, it reminds me of those old love songs people never really sing anymore. Maybe I can talk the other guys into writing something more like this.

I exit the bathroom half an hour later with the towel around my waist. Calum is still sitting right where I left him but now with Michael’s guitar in his lap. I walk over to my suitcase and picks up a pair of clean boxers before dropping the towel.

“You know, Michael’s probably going to kill you if he finds out you’re using his guitar.” I tell Calum as I turn around. He looks up from the notebook and his eyes widen before he quickly looks away again and I realise I’m still holding my boxers. I put them on before starting to look for a shirt. “And if he walks in now and sees you I’m not even gonna try to help you.” this time he keeps his eyes on the notebook and I sigh, knowing he’ll probably ignore me for at least another hour. I lay back down on my bed and pick up the remote, turning the tv on trying to find something worth watching.

“Cal? Do you want some tea?” I walk over to the small kitchen area of the room and turn the kettle on before starting to look for a cup or something.

“No thanks.” i’ve been watching crappy reality shows for the past two hours and I’m getting kind of restless, but since I know we can’t leave the hotel I’ve decided to try and get really tired instead and maybe fall asleep, and tea has always made me really sleepy.

“suit yourself.” I find a cup and puts the teabag in and adds the water and a few minutes later I walk back to my bed with it, careful not to trip over anything and die. Calum watch me as I place it on the table between our beds before laying down again.

“that smells weird.” Calum leans over and smells the tea before sitting up again.

“you smell weird.” he laughs before going back to doing whatever it is he’s doing over there. After a while he gets up and puts Michael’s guitar back in it’s case before taking most of his clothes off and disappearing into the bathroom, leaving the door wide open. I don’t pay much attention to him until he exits a while later, completely naked. My eyes widen and I quickly roll over to my stomach, burying my face in my pillow.

“hey Ash?” I can hear Calum move around in the room but I don’t dare to look up, it wouldn’t surprise me if when I do he’s standing two feet away from me with his dick just by my face. “it’s okay to stare, you know you want to.” I flip him off without looking up and he laughs before laying down next to me. I move away from him and he laughs again before wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. He seems to have gotten dressed though, so instead of fighting and trying to get free I snuggle closer to him. I get comfortable and close my eyes, trying to fall asleep. Turns out that’s impossible though, and for once I actually know why. Normally when I’m going to bed there’s a lot more noise around me, Luke’s usually talking to someone in the other room or laughing at some video on youtube, Michael’s talking in his sleep or playing some stupid game and Calum’s just...Calum’s just there.

“I can’t sleep.” I whisper, turning around so that I’m facing Calum. “sing something?” he looks surprised but nods and pulls me closer, moving around a bit so that my head is resting on his arm. “White lips, pale face. Breathing in snowflakes.” I smile happily as I close my eyes again, already starting to feel sleepy. “Burnt lungs, sour taste. Light’s gone, day’s end. Struggling to pay rent.” I fall asleep before he even gets to the chorus and I don’t wake up until hours later when Luke and Michael stumbles through the door, not even trying to be quiet as they get undressed and crawl into bed together. Calum’s still laying next to me and I take the time to pull a blanket up over us before falling back to sleep