020 | Gone

xxx

"Kocho."

Shinobu wasn't able to hear when Giyu called her. Her mind was like floating and she couldn't she couldn't keep her eyes open.

"Kocho..." Giyu once again called.

It made Giyu bit annoyed when the woman didn't turn to look at him, and still continued to look in the floor while her head was down.

"Shinobu"

In an instant, Shinobu was able to turn to the man. She is still sleepy yet she kept herself awake and because of that, Giyu's annoyed face have disappeared in an instant.

"Are you okay?" he stood up from his lying position.

The insect hashira only rubbed her eyes and nodded. "Yes, just a little tired."

Hell...

She was so tired, so many patients were in the butterfly estate yesterday and she wasn't able to visit Giyu the whole day. Good thing that Lady Tamayo and Yushiro went there and was able to help him.

And her stay in the estate she managed to even encounter the most difficult patient amongst the hashira, Uzui Tengen.

Who have kept complaining and bubbling about things about the demon he have defeated.

Flamboyant there, flamboyant here and maximum flamboyance everywhere!

"I can even hear his voice saying that!!" Shinobu screamed in her mind.

And by remembering that, Shinobu made a face that made Giyu confused and amused at the same time.

"Come here." He patted a place beside him.

He was in a sitting position while patting down an empty place in his bed. Shinobu only looked down because her face started to become red, she didn't even move.

But in the end, her body felt a warm touch and in an instant... She was already in Giyu's grip and in his bed.

"G-Giyu?" she stuttered.

His hand tightly holding her waist and the other was placed behind her knees, she was lying in his lap. Gentle, Giyu placed the small woman in his bed and let her lay comfortably.

"Take this off..." he blurted out.

Shinobu flinched as soon as he heard him say that and pointed her butterfly haori. She refused at first but he persuade to take it off for her to be comfortable.

So slowly, the butterfly woman sighed and took off her haori and placing it on the side. She laid on the soft bed and yawn.

"Sorry..." she apologized.

"For what?" Giyu asked while he placed the thick futon to cover her.

Shinobu once again yawned and looked at him. "For stealing your bed..."

Giyu chuckled lowly and ignored the fact that it's true. But he's not really feeling sleepy. So instead of answering, he just caress her cheeks softly.

"You can sleep now." He looked at her purple round eyes.

"I won't go... anywhere."

And by hearing that, Shinobu's eyes closed and have instantly drifted to sleep.

______________________________

"Something's not right."

Giyu whispered as soon as he felt his body acted on his own and opened the window.

Only to be welcomed by the full moon that was shining so brightly.

He only looked at it intensely as he started to think of something is going to happen in an instant. He crossed both of his arms together and slightly titled his head while still looking at the round moon.

"Isn't the moon lovely tonight?"

A small and soft voice instantly came up to his mind while thinking.

He silently looked at the woman who has still lying and asleep in his bed, cooing herself inside the futon he covered her. And with that, a small smile appeared in his lips.

"She looks peaceful." He thought.

She was asleep all day and haven't wake up a single time, Giyu was able to look at her for that long and play with her black and purple hair that he have untied since her butterfly pin can hurt her head while sleeping.

Giyu then walked back and sat on his place before he stared at the butterfly in front of him. He caress her soft cheeks once again.

"What are you doing to me?" he asked.

No answered, of course. She is asleep...

But as he stared at her, it feels like it's already the answer to his question.

He knew that she is the reason why he's like this. The person he is facing is the reason why he stayed in this place, in this room...

Giyu can break any kind of chains... Hell! He can kill everyone here if he wishes to. Just a swish of his katana he can instantly kill the man who captive him here, the siblings that his master wishes to begone in matter of second.

He is not the Upper Moon One for nothing.

But when it comes to her?

She's weak. He can leave her here, lifeless and dead.

But just thinking about it, made his heart clenched! It feels like if he saw her crying he could perish.

So now, he's here. Always waiting for her to comeback, for her to inject that stupid medicine in his veins. Just to tease and annoy her all night and day.

But in his wonderful train of thoughts, his hands suddenly stopped playing her hair.

"What?" he instantly stood up.

"Something is going to happen." He whispered.

Like the wind of speed, he have already held out his katana. That was hidden in below the wooden floor (he accidentally found it when he got bored, waiting for Shinobu).

"West."

Without looking back at the room he went out through the opened window and flew into the mid-air.

But as soon as Giyu left, a certain butterfly have already woken up from her beauty sleep.

She looked around as soon as she didn't see Giyu.

"Giyu?" she called.

She didn't hear any hum or growl from him so she quickly got up, only to find an opened window.

"He..." she ran towards the window.

"He's gone."

xxx

AN: A short update for tonight. I'm not really feeling well, so yeah... I promise, I will update tomorrow~