023 | Arts and Flames

xxx

"I can't understand why you'd go after a wounded person first."

"He could get in the way of the chitchat... of you and me."

The demon looked over the young boy who was struggling to sit up from the ground, he was smirking and now turned to the man with red and orange hair.

He was the one who cut his arms off while ago when he was about to attack the boy.

"What would you and I have to talk about?"

"I'm meeting you now for the first time, but I already dislike you." Rengoku confidently said and still not withdrawing his blade.

The upper moon demon looked at him with amusement and stated. "Is that right?"

"Well, I loathe weak humans, too." He added. "The sight of a weakling makes my skin crawl."

The hashira on the other side have disagreed with him, he have explained that they both have different perspective and was never alike.

But in the case, the demon made him an offer...

"All right, then I have a brilliant proposal for you." the upper moon three held out hid left hand.

"Why don't you become a demon, too?"

"Just like your friend... Giyu, I presumed?" the demon smirked even more.

And as he spoke, the flame hashira only looked at him with a blunt expression.

"I will not."

The demon's eyes looked in to him even more, sensing a powerful strength.

"I can tell your strength at a glance." With big eyes, he have saw a flame like aura surrounding the man he was staring at. The color of it was a strong orange, red and yellow.

"You're a hashira, aren't you?" he smirked he said again.

"Just like him..."

He have also explained that he can be a strong demon he let himself become one, that he can be close to the realm of the highest.

"I'm the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku."

"I'm Akaza."

Both of them have introduced themselves facing each other from their sides.

"Kyojuro." Akaza called. "Let me tell you why you can't enter the realm of the highest."

"Because you're a human."

"Because you're going to grow old. Because you're going to die."

And as soon as he have finished, Akaza held out his hand and lend it in front of Rengoku.

"Become a demon, Kyojuro." With an amusing smile, he offered.

He have also explained that the hashira have to undergo for a hundred, for two hundred years of training. He have also said how he despite someone familiar that have only trained in a short period of time.

And for some instance, a single person Rengoku and Tanjiro remembered.

"Giyu-san."

"Tomioka..." Rengoku whispered in the air.

"Right~ him... tch, he's pretty strong you know, a perfect match but he's always away." Akaza looked around.

Then he turned to the hashira with a smirk. "Have you... seen him?"