035 | Protector

xxx

"Konbanwa~ Upper One-sama!"

Giyu looked over to his back as he heard another shriek from the shadows behind a tree.

He didn't bother to move and just sighed. With a blink of an eye, his hands were already covered by blood and he is also holding a demon's head.

He swiftly threw it away and swish his blade to clean out the blood of the demon he just dissipated.

"This is too much hassle..." he sighed.

Giyu is now up in a huge tree, staring at the full moon, while thinking.

It has been two months that Giyu had a decent sleep... It annoys him that every night he needs to go off and kill the demons after him.

Just right after Kokushibo told him that Muzan is after his head, the same night he went back to the estate there was an attack happened outside the demon slayer's headquarters.

He knew that if he would stay there, it won't be safe. So he fled away the next night...

"You're going to be fine, right?"

A small chuckle escape his mouth as he remembered a certain woman. A stubborn butterfly- no a mosquito!

"You're going to come back to me, okay?!"

He didn't want Shinobu to be in danger... he knows that she can handle herself but staying there won't be the best idea.

Once again, Giyu sighed. He know leaned in the tree's trunk as he sit on one of the branches, still looking up to the moon.

He now can ease a bit as he can no longer sense other demons on their way to kill him...

But he also didn't sleep.

"Are you just going to stay up there?"

Giyu was surprise as he heard a soft voice from below.

Quickly, he looked down and saw a small man, looking up to where he is.

His mouth was wide open as he started at him, he had a long loose black hair that fades into the color of mint green, he also looks sleepy but at the same time cloudy.

"Uh- you're..." the small looking boy pointed at Giyu.

"I forgot... Who are you?"

Giyu didn't answer, he just stared at the boy.

"How come I didn't sense him?"

"You're a demon... I should kill you." the mint green boy held his blade.

Giyu once again looked at him, he have sense a great aura and power surrounding him. He also presumed that this boy is very young.

"You're a hashira, right?" Giyu asked from above.

"Yeah- I guess?" the boy answered cloudly.

Giyu chuckled as he have confirmed who it was.

Muichiro Tokito... the mist hashira, Shinobu have talked about him. and there were also faint memories from Giyu's mind as he spoke to the boy while ago.

"What are you doing in here?"

"Just walking... I think?" the boy answered him.

Giyu chuckled as he heard him... Shinobu have mentioned that Tokito talks less and always forget what he is talking about.