Chapter 26

This chapter is not edited so do forgive me if there are any errors. Sorry for the continuous short chapters; the next one will hopefully be super long.

Love you guys :)

Skye's POV

I quickly gathered my belongings; made my way into the garage and got into my car. I tried as hard as I could not to cry because I am not the type to just let out or show any sad emotion.

I got home and dodged Toya successfully, running up my room and locking myself inside.

"Skye, what's wrong?" I heard my sister's voice outside my room. I thought I had dodged her!

"Nothing," I replied trying hard not to sound upset.

"Skye, I know you too well for you to lie to me. Now open this door!" She demanded.

I slowly got up to open the door, "Good," She said walking in and closing the door. "Now tell me what's wrong."

I shook my head and went under the covers. "Nothing,"

"Come on, tell momma. Skye, you know I'm not going to leave until you tell me what's wrong," She said.

I knew she was serious because of how she forced me to talk to her when Xavier and I broke up. She literally waited 5 hours for me to start speaking.

"Nothing Toya, just let it go," I said hoping to convince her that I was fine so she could leave.

"What did Ryan do?" She said in defeat. I knew she didn't want to start the topic but I think she felt like she should.

"He didn't do anything," I said looking away.

"Then why are you looking away," She asked with her arms folded.

"I swear he didn't do anything," I said not looking at my sister.

"Skye, something obviously happened for you to be upset. Now tell me what it is before I go hunting for this guy," She said dead serious.

"It wasn't him," I said.

"Let me guess, it was his mom?" She asked.

"No, his mom is a lovely woman," I said reassuring my sister.

"Could it be his sister?" She guessed.

I became silent after that and a little tear betrayed me by slipping out at the corner of my left eye.

"It is his sister right?" She asked noticing my tear.

I nodded and looked away.

"What did she do to you Skye? What did that bitch say?" My sister asked furious.

After telling my sister the things Ashley said, she replied, "And what did he say?"

"He was oblivious to it. I lashed out at her and when he came I stormed off telling him to ask his sister why I was so upset," I said.

"So you didn't even tell him what she sai-" My sister was interrupted by my phone ringing.

She picked it up from the side of the bed and quickly read the caller ID before handing the phone to me, "It's Ryan, for the third time!"

"Let it go to voicemail," I said waving the phone away.

"That's not fair, he didn't do anything. If I remember clearly it was you who insisted for her to tag along,"

"I just don't want to talk to him," I said.

My sister just shrugged, "I think he at least deserves an explanation. You can't just storm off and expect him to know why,"