Chapter 10

“I’m really not up for assembly anymore, I mean can’t seniors get a choice whether they want to come or not?” Tessa complains.

“Ha-ha which senior in their right mind would want to go then?” I sarcastically asked.

“Obviously Riley would,” Tessa says teasing her.

“No I wouldn’t, gosh I think sometimes you guys forget I’m a teenager too,” She accuses.

“I wonder why,” I mumble jokingly.

“Yeah I wonder,” Tessa says playing along.

“No hey,” Tori says. 

“Seriously guys!” Riley laughs and we join her.

“Shall we sit up top?” I ask.

“Yeah,” Tori replies.

We quickly make our way to the last row seats as the principal begins her speech. “Morning school,”

“Morning Mrs Clark,” We all say in a messed up way.

Our school wants us all to be a community of very dedicated people. They want us to treat our school like it is home; like we are all siblings and the staff are our parents. Like where do they come from, Disneyland?

I see Mr Carter sitting two rows in front of me and my thoughts immediately drifted back to yesterday when I overheard his and Coach Sarah’s argument. Just thinking about it, I remember that I heard him swear for the first time since I’ve known him. 

“Alright everybody have a good day, the staff may leave and students please stay behind,” Coach Sarah says. Wow I didn’t notice she was here, she never pitches for assembly.

“Aah,” is what you could hear everyone muttering but because of how loud they are its not considered muttering anymore.

“Yeah I know you don’t want to be here more than I do so co-operate,” she spits. “Now since we need to keep all of you lazy bums in good shape, we will have a selection of sports for you to do whether they are or aren’t in season. Expect to get a sign-up sheet today during your last period. The minimum activities are 2. Alright that's all.”

“Great, we have to do co-curricular activities!” Tessa.

“Why are you complaining, you can just go to two ballet classes and have it over and done with, some of us on the other ha-,” She starts.

“Why are you complaining sister? You three can dance and I can’t,” Riley whines.

“What! We can all dance without looking like maniacs but I'm taking a break from dancing and moving on to real sports,” I say.

“Well you alone, I’m going to dance, I’ve got a complexion to keep,” Tori says.

“Yeah me too,” Riley and Tessa say at the same time then laugh.

“Whatever, we’ve got to get to class,” I say realising how late we are.

“Oh shit, we are late!” Tori screams as she starts sprinting to the class.

“Ms Miller, Ms Sparks; Ms Sage and you Miss Valente, why are you ladies late?”

“Ma’am we just came back from the bathroom, I had lady issues,” Riley whispers load enough for us to hear. Riley is that girl that everyone likes and believes in unbelievable situations; where most of the time she is lying.

“Oh sorry dear, you may take your seats,” She says with a sweet looking smile.

Whoop, Riley has done it yet again people!