Chapter 27

Enjoy :)

~~~~~

“Skye please wake up,” Toya shook me.

“What?” I whispered sitting up and checking my phone, “Its 6 am Toya, go back to sleep.”

“Mom has been in an accident, we have to go to the hospital immediately,” She said.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Get up, mom is in hospital,” She said and hearing those words drove me out of my sleepy state, making me jump out and grab my sweat pants from the floor.

“Where is dad?” I asked.

“He is taking the first flight back from Chicago,” She replied.

“Skye, what’s wrong,” Ryan asked sleepily.

“My mom was in an accident. I have to rush to the hospital,” I said hurriedly.

“Alright, I’ll follow you,” He said quickly putting on his jeans and shirt from yesterday.

                          ==

“Hi, my name is Skye Miller,” I said to the lady over the counter.

“Oh, you are here for the patient that was in a car accident?” She asked.

I nodded my head.

“Okay, follow me. She is still being observed by the doctor right now so please just wait here,” She said when we reached an entrance to a door.

After waiting outside the door for over 30 minutes, the doctor finally came out.

With a sweet voice she asked, “Are you the Millers?”

“Yes, my name is Toya and this is my little sister Skye,” She said introducing us.

“What happened? Is she going to be okay?” I asked with teary eyes. Ryan wrapped his arms around me in comfort.

“She has minor bruises and scars that will disappear in a few days. Mrs Miller broke her leg and arm but it’s not very bad. It seems like this was a hit and run because the other vehicle was nowhere in sight. She is unconscious at the moment due to some meds that we gave her, but you can go in to see her,” She said with a weak smile.

“Thank you,” Ryan said after a minute of silence.

“Sure,” She smiled before walking away.

My sister and I walked into the room to see our mother’s lifeless body plugged into many machines with wires and things. My sister slid down the wall and started crying causing me to cry along. It’s ridiculous how my mom always saved people’s lives and now hers was on the line; her seven years of training made useless.

I walked over to my unconscious mother and sat down, taking her hand in mine. “I love you mom,” I said before resting my head on her leg.

Ryan slowly walked in and sat beside me pulling me into a tight hug and kissing the top of my head. “It’s going to be okay. She is going to be okay,” He whispered.

I wouldn’t believe those words. Not when people have overused them so much. I placed my arms around his waist and closed my eyes as my head came in contact with his chest.

            ++

“Skye?” I woke up hearing my mother’s raspy yet sweet voice.

“Hey mom,” I said looking at her with half opened eyes, her beautiful face looking down at me.