Chapter 30

Skye’s POV

It was Wednesday afternoon, just a day before Ryan comes back. I haven’t heard anything from him since last week and I was worried.  I know he is busy but he could at least text me goodnight or something.

My thoughts were disturbed by someone knocking on the door.

“Maddy, please get that,” I called out from the kitchen where I was preparing our dinner.

“Okay,” She said walking to the door.

“Thanks love,” I said to her. I was happy that her mom let her stay here for as long as she wants. I love having her around.

“Alex!” She shouted out excitedly.

“Maddy! Geez you have grown!” A voice said approaching the kitchen. “Hello there beautiful,” A man with a deep voice, light brown hair and one green one blue eye said to me.

“Alex this is Ryan’s girlfriend, Skye, and Skye this is Alex, Ryan’s best friend,” Maddy introduced us.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” I said extending my hand which he gladly took hold of and kissed.

“Likewise pretty lady. Where is Ryan?” Alex asked.

“He is gone for a teacher’s conference, he will be back by tomorrow,” I said.

“Oh! I should’ve called first then. I don’t think I can resist you with him not being here,” He said making me blush.

“Hey, behave!” Maddy said punching him playfully on the shoulder.

“Yeah fine okay. Maddy come help me bring my stuff in please,” He said turning around to go get his stuff from the car I assume.

I had to admit, Alex was an extremely handsome guy.  I can understand why he is best friends with Ryan; he doesn’t have to feel inferior or self-conscious around him like other guys would.

“So Skye, tell me about yourself,” Alex said after putting his things in his room.

“What would you like to know?” I asked.

“Where are you from? Your full name, age, that sort of stuff,”

“I'm from here in New York. My full name is Skylar Bailey Miller; although no-one calls me Bailey. I’m turning 18 soon,” I said.

“Oh so that’s what he meant by its complicated,” Alex said more to himself than to me.  “Well I will call you Bailey then,”

“No Alex,” I said.

“I like the way you say my name,” He said.

“Do you always flirt with your best friend’s girlfriends?” I asked.

“Nope, I never flirted with Sarah, she wasn’t that type. In fact I like you way more than I did her. You are more chilled, I like that,” He smiled.

“Thanks, tell me about you,” I said.

“Well, I am heterochromic,” He said pointing to his eyes and wiggling his eyebrows.

“Yes I’ve noticed. Anything out of the obvious,” I said rolling my eyes playfully.

“Ryan and I have been best friends since he was adopted by Mr and Mrs Carter. I’m from New York too. I am 22 years old,” He said giving me some of his information.

“You say since he was adopted?” I asked.

“Wait? He hasn’t told you? Shit, me and my big mouth,” He said.