Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Morning school," Mrs Norberry who was taking assembly today greeted us.

"Morning," We all mumbled at different times.

"Few announcements before you are excused," She started. "The football captain has an announcement about the signing up for the sport today and Coach Sarah has an announcement," She said before she closed the announcement book. 

Mrs Clark stood up and spoke before the football captain could, "Morning everybody. Can I please see Skylar Miller after assembly in my office? Thanks"

Everyone made a whoo sound and I tried to act unaffected even though inside I was panicking. Was it possible that Monalita told the principal even though she promised not to? Did someone maybe get their hands on the copies that she had and sent them to the principal?

"Ah Ms Miller," Mrs Clark smiled at me as I walked into the office, taking me away from my train of thoughts.

"Morning ma'am," I tried smiling.

"Don't be scared dear, take a seat," She said and judging by the tone of her voice I wasn't in trouble or maybe that was her way of tricking me.

"I'm guessing you want to know why I called you in here this morning," She said.

I just nodded yes. "Well, graduation is coming up in a few months and I thought that it would be a wonderful thing if you and Mr Anderson could perform on the day," She said smiling.

"Perform what ma'am?" I asked curiously.

"A dance piece obviously. You are one of the best and most reliable dancers we have in the school,"

"I'm very flattered that you value me so much but as you know Mr Anderson left the school last year and we don't stay in contact anymore," I said.

"Well, lucky for me we still had his records and we managed to persuade him into performing for us. All that we are waiting for is for you to agree and we will get right to work," She said excitedly.

"Wait, tell me if I'm getting this right, you want me to perform a dance piece with my ex-boyfriend who isn't even in the school anymore," I asked, not really believing this.

"Yes," She answered.

"Can't you pick any other dancer? We have so many girls that can do a better job than I can," I said.

"Thing is Ms Miller, I have seen you and Mr Anderson dancing before and it was breath taking. You two are perfect together," She smiled.

"Ma'am I don't think you understand, Xavier and I broke up last year and any connection that we may have had whilst dancing is long gone. I think you should maybe try finding another girl for this job, but thank you for the consideration," I said standing up from my seat.

"I'm sorry Ms Miller, but I think we may have misunderstood each other. You are a nice girl Skylar but we need this graduation to be beautiful as it we will be celebrating 50 years since the start of the school and basically you don't have a choice in this. I won't let any unprofessional and unskilled girl ruin this special graduation, that's why I selected you," She said kindly even though her words weren't so kind.

I sighed heavily before nodding with a fake smile plastered on my face, "I won't let you down."

"Wonderful!" She cheered. "I will let Mr Anderson know and you two can meet some time to discuss rehearsal hours and everything. Oh this is wonderful," She grinned and nodded her head at the door as a sign that I was excused.

                                               ++

"So what did she want? Does she know about you and uh," Riley asked leaning against my locker as I was taking some of my books out.