Chapter 28

I know this has some errors, its pretty short and probably boring but bare with me please.  I have been under a lot of stress lately but I promise a new and exciting chapter before next Friday. 

Thanks to all those that vote and comment.  You don't know how much I appreciate it.

Enjoy

*****************************

“So Ryan is still coming over tonight?” My mother asked Friday morning.

“Yeah, he is,” I said eating my cereal.

“I’m so excited, I’ll make my famous casserole,” She said.

“Yeah you haven’t made that in such a long time,” I encouraged. “Mom can you please, you know, behave yourselves?”

“I will darling, don’t worry. He seems very special to you so we will behave, right Brian?” She said looking at my dad.

“Sure thing muffin,” My dad smiled at me. That’s the same facial expression he had when Toya made him promise to be nice to Liam and that didn’t turn out well.

“No, seriously dad, please,” I begged.

“Okay, I’ll try,” He said sincerely.

“Mom, I will come back straight after school to help you prepare. Dinner is at 7pm right?” I asked.

“Yes baby. Now get to school you will be late,” My mom said hurriedly.

“Okay,” I said grabbing my mom’s car keys.

“No Skylar, bring back my keys,” My mom said.

“Oh fine!” I said throwing my hands up in the air after putting her keys down and taking the other set of keys. My mom didn’t allow anyone to drive her car. She loved it so much, and I'm surprised she got it fixed in a matter of 3 days. But actually considering how pushy my mother is and how she likes to nag, it wasn’t that much of a surprise when she told us it had been delivered yesterday.

“Bye sweetheart,” She called out.

“Yeah bye,” I whispered.

                                          ++                         

“So everyone, for the next week of school I will not be here because I am attending a teacher’s conference in New Hampshire,” Ryan said to our Geography class causing some excitement to stir. “But of course, I will leave you some work to do,” He finished off, making the class groan.

“Can you at least give us 2 free lessons?” Tyler asked.

“It will depend on your behaviour during the first week without me,” He said.

“Who else is going?” Melissa asked.

“Ms Trunchbull, Ms Payne, Ms Lang, Mrs Clark and Ms Kravitz,” He mumbled the last name.

“Yes, no gym!” Melissa exclaimed causing the rest of the class to clap their hands in excitement.

So Coach Sarah is going with them! I should have known he was lying when he said he doesn’t know who is going with him. Wait, so did they plan this?

For the rest of the lesson I sat staring into space wondering if he was not serious about not loving her anymore because of me. Okay, maybe I was being overreacting. Maybe the school said she must go and he certainly doesn’t have control over who the school says will attend the conference. Maybe I'm seriously overreacting.