Chapter 12

After a stressful two and a half days at school for the week, I was headed to Geography. I still hadn't gotten my gift from Mr Carter and I really didn't care since I know that I was just lucky to get over 90% and I'm sure it's probably not gonna happen ever again.

"Afternoon guys," Mr Carter greeted.

"Afternoon," We replied.

"Okay, so I still owe some students gifts and I'm sorry for not having given you, I haven't bought them yet but tomorrow you will get them," He said with an apologetic smile. "Right, so it's been roughly three weeks into the academic year and I've just realised that I still don't know most of your names or anything about you guys, so how about next week Friday we dedicate the lesson to getting to know each other, yeah?" 

"Yes!" We exclaimed excitely.

"Sir, are we going to be allowed to ask you personal questions too as I'm guessing you will be asking us?" Melissa asked.

"Yes, sure, I promise to be as honest as possible," He said with a reassuring smile.

"Okay, we have a deal then," Tyler said.

"We might also be having our first Geography outing sometime soon," Mr Carter said excitedly.

"Yes!" Some shouted,

"Yes, so anyway today we are going to be focusing on..." Mr Carter said as he took out a white board maker.

"Ah no," Some replied.

"Come on guys," He encouraged." Anyway open your textbooks to page 20."

                                                        **

"You guys can chill today, Coach Sarah isn't here," One of the teachers Mrs Payne said.

Everyone cheered in happiness.

After spending 50 minutes doing nothing but gossip or reading Mrs Payne shouted out, "Okay guys, have a good afternoon, you dismissed."

"Bye ma'am," We waved.

"Hey Ladies," Mr Carter said tosome of the girls.

"Hi sir, how are you?" They asked.

"I'm fine and you ladies?" 

"Good," They giggled.

"How are you," He nugged me as the rest of the girls left.

"I'm alright, you?" 

"Couldn't be better, you ready to start," He said.

"You not coming in?" I asked as I looked at his outfit. He was wearing black pants and a white dress shirt that fitted him all too damn well.

"No, but if anything happens I'm prepared to jump in like this," He smiled. "It's just to get you comfortable in the pool on your own."

"Alright," I said as I took off my towel and jumped into the pool.

"Can you just swim three widths for me," He said.

"Okay," I said as I took the board from the side.

"Without a board," He said.

"What! Fine okay," I said hesitantly.

I swam the widths and looked upp at him waiting further instructions.

"Can you swim from here to the end of the deep end and back?" He asked.

"Okay, I'll try. Just keep close please," I pleaded.