Chapter 6

I'm so late for assembly right now. And my great friends left me behind. Aren't they just the 'bestest'?

I was so tired that I woke up 30 minutes behind my usual schedule, so I had to hurry to the shower and throw on any clothes from my closet.

I had missed first period, so now I was also late for second period, which was, you guessed it, assembly.

Appearing from seemingly nowhere, someone jogs towards me.

"Why are you so late for assembly Ms Miller?" he asked.

"Well, Sir, I believe that's my business," I said as I picked up my pace.

"Okay," he murmured picking up his pace to catch up to me.

Shit, I think I hurt his feelings... OH WELL...

"Damn, it's hot hey?" He said trying to change the irreversible words my mouth had uttered.

"No wait, so you seriously gonna jog up to me and start talking about the weather?" I asked, thinking about how such a lame conversation-starter could become so cute.

"Yep, I guess I am," he said with his husky voice.

Well that's gotta mean something right? Hmm maybe he just wants my attention. Maybe he's secretly in love with me. Haha, big dreams.

He neither likes you nor does he think about starting up a conversation with you intentionally! I mean you are the only two people here; he literally has no-one else to talk to! But why doesn't he keep quiet then?

"Okay, it is really boiling hey?" I asked playing along to this cute yet ridiculous game.

"Don't you like the heat?" he smiled at my sudden engagement.

"No, I do. Do you like the cold since you complaining so much about the heat?"

"I only love one aspect of it."

"And what might that be?" I asked, slowly getting interested and excited to know more. "Cuddling!" he stated. Hmm...

"Wait, before you get it wrong, I love snuggling with my pillows with a cup of hot milo. There surely isn't anything that beats that. What about you, like the cold much?"

"I don't like the cold.... uhh!" I replied as I shuddered as the thought of soggy, disgusting, dripping wet rain came to my mind.  "Hmm..." he didn't seem a bit stunned.  I wonder where this conversation was headed.

"Skye, hey, over here!" Tessa, the worst vibe killer, shouted as she walked down from the 5th row of the theatre.

 Just had to kill the moment didn't you! I thought to myself.

"Arg", I sighed.

Just as my friend bounced along, Mr Carter chuckled and slowing walked towards the staff part of the theatre.

                               *************

Assembly was boring as usual, the only exception being when they formally introduced Mr Carter as a Geography teacher and as an assistant swimming coach...

"So, guys there is this new shop opening up in town so why don't we go check it out," Tori said.

"When?" We all asked in unison. We could never pass up on a chance to be the ones starting a trend.

"At 3pm on Wednesday," she informed us.

Shit, I got extra swimming.

"We are so going, right guys?" Riley said sounding really excited.