Chapter 7

When I woke up I was beyond tired. I got up, showered and put on denim jeans with a blue shirt with white polka dots and a light pink blazer.

I decided to take my mom’s car to school, so that I can prevent yesterday’s situation.

                                               ***

When I got to school, there were hardly any people there, so I just stayed in the car.

“Hey Skye,” Monalita calls out since my window was slightly open.

“Hey Mona, what’s up,” I say as I roll down the window.

“Just bored is all, can I come in?” She asks.

“Sure,”

“So, why are you here so early and alone? You know these places aren’t safe if there aren’t many people around,” she says, trying to scare me.

“Mona, you know bad people don’t scare me,” I say. “That’s why I always have my pistol loaded.”

“Hahaha, okay Skye,” she mockingly says.

“Skye!” Tessa shouts from the entrance doors.

Why did I park so close to the doors anyway!

“Guess this is my queue to leave,” Mona says.

“Not necessarily, you know my friends cool with you,” I inform her.

“Right… I’ll be on my way now. Later,” She salutes.

I quickly take the key out of the ignition and get out, grabbing the bag with my swimming stuff.

“Hey Skye,” my friends say in sweet voices.

If they are sweet just know they either want or they feel bad about something.

“Hey guys,” I say, not even bothering to smile.

“Okay, so sorry for yesterday, we didn’t mean to be so rude friend,” Tori says in attempt to make me feel better.

“And next time, we will support you in doing the right thing,” Riley says.

“It’s okay guys. Just never do that again,” I scold them as I smile.

“We won’t, how was the quiz?” Riley asks.

Shit, there actually wasn’t one.

“It’s been postponed!” I say trying to ask dramatic.

“Well that’s a bummer, you missed get away with us for no reason,” Tessa says.

“Yeah, so what you guys do yesterday?”

“Well,” Tori says as they begin the story…

“So, you telling me you guys just went over to Tessa’s and had a sleep session,” I ask, beyond astonished.

“Yep, basically,” She says

“Well, good thing I didn’t come then,” I say acting relieved.

“Guys, you know we have a bench mark exam in a month or so?” Riley asks.

“What!” We all say in unison.

“Yep!” she responds.

“Guys, let’s get to class before you give me more depressing news,” I say.

“I agree,” Tori says.

“We have Biology first lesson,” Riley reminds us.

“YEY, free period!” Tessa exclaims.