Chapter 31

Skye’s POV

Flashback

“Would you say something?” He urged.
“What do you want me to say?” I asked.
“Something, I don’t know just-” He said.
“I have nothing to say,” I replied.
“Skye, what do you expect me to do? Every time something happens you never want to let me inside your head,” He said.
“What do you expect me to say Ryan? That I'm happy you pushed away your ex who clearly still has an effect on you?” I asked. “Must I tell you how betrayed I feel knowing that you cheated on me with the ex you swore you didn’t love anymore?”
“You can’t call what happened cheating,” He said.
“Then what the hell do you call the shit that happened at that conference?” I shouted.
“I call it a moment of weakness. Shit Skye, you saying it like something happened between us! Nothing happened and nothing ever will. I would never allow it,” He said sounding sincere.
“Get out,” I said.
“Skye,” He said softly.
“Just get out. Leave me alone Ryan. Please, just leave my house, I want to be alone,” I said calmly.
“Fine, but if you think I am giving up on us over stupid shit like this, then you are wrong,” He said walking out of my room. I threw my biggest teddy bear at the door in frustration.
End of flashback

“And that’s how it went down basically,” I said telling my friends.

“Whoa! So he was actually going to get some head and he decided to stop it because he didn’t want to cheat on you?” Tessa asked in astonishment.

“I don’t trust him. How do we know that he actually did stop her?” Riley asked.

“I know him too well Riley, he would never lie about that,” I said.

“I think that you two should talk already. You haven’t spoken for more than a day and as much as I love having some girl time with you for the first time in such a long time since you have been together; I want you two to come up with some sort of plan,” Tessa said.

“Nah, I say let him suffer for a few more days,” Riley said.

“Riley what is your problem?” Tessa asked irritated.

“No guys, I'm saying that Skye shouldn’t look like an easy girl who goes back to her guy after a day and is the one that resolves things,” Riley justified.

“But he has tried resolving it but stubborn Skye chased him away,” Tori replied.

“I don’t know guys, I say she must make him wait a bit longer,” Riley said.

“No, look how depressed and awful she looks,” Tessa said sticking her tongue out at me when I pointed an imaginary gun at her.

“You know Riley you used to be the voice of reason. Not anymore,” Tori said.

“Why is no one seeing this from my point of view?” Riley asked.

“Maybe because no one else likes tormenting their boyfriend like you do,” Tessa replied.

“Come on guys. My theory is that if you forgive easily you allow them to do it again because they know you will be chilled about it,” Riley stated.

“Guys, you are not helping the situation in any way. I have decided that I will go to his house tomorrow and that’s if I feel like it,” I said.

“Okay, good,” Tessa said.

“Okay, since we haven’t spent a Saturday together in so many years, let’s go out,” Riley suggested.

“I don’t want to,” I sighed.