Chapter 64

I finally give in and cuddle on the couch with Ross. He lightly drags his fingers up and down my side. My head rests on his shoulder near his neck. He pulls my right leg across his waist. "He's so quiet," Ross states as he moves hair away from my face. I nod as I close my eyes. He runs his fingers through my hair. "So are you," he declares.

I shrug. "technically, I should be packing," I sigh as tears begin falling again.

He pulls me closer, holding me tightly. "Shh, shh, baby." He rocks me back and forth. "I didn't mean it, I promise." I quietly cry into the croak of his neck. "Babe, calm down."

I sit up, wiping my tears. "How am I supposed to calm down when you brake up with me then act like nothing happened?" I sniffle.

He pulls me onto his lap, facing him. "I was trying to prove a point. I love you. I need you to know that," he says quietly.

I nod. "I know, but I keep letting you walk all over me. It's making you think you can do what you want and I'll just keep coming back to you." I pause to take a breath. "I love you so much that it's hurting me, Ross."

He shows a small smile. "I know, baby. I know. And that's wrong on my part, I'm sorry."

I wrap my arms around his neck, squeezing him. Ross presses his lips to my chest gently. "I love you," I whisper over and over.

"I love you too," he responds. We just hold each other for a few more minutes before Romeo starts crying. "Lay down, baby. I'll get him." He lays me down on the couch before rushing to the small child.

I close my eyes. After about ten minutes, Ross climbs on me. He kisses everywhere on my face. "Stop," I whine.

He laughs quietly. "I love you, baby girl." He plops his body on top of mine.

"I love you, too," I whisper, "but I'm still mad at you."

He nods. "That's understandable. I still love you."

I play with his hair until he falls asleep.