Chapter 9

one month later

Okay.. so let me catch you up.

The day after the Lights premier, Ross got a call from the producer of Black Widow. Of course he got the part (of some dude I can't remember how he's relevant). I sold my house and moved back in with Ross, 'cause we're engaged and it's only the right thing to do. We've been fighting a lot more, actually. I have no idea what happened, but he doesn't seem to wanna be around me outside of work. Every time I ask him about it, he just says everything's fine.

*flashback*

"Ross, you've been distancing yourself from me! What happened to you!?" I yelled at him.

"What're you talking about!? I still love you so everything is fine!" He shouted and walked upstairs.

*end of flashback*

So.. yeah. It's now 7:45 PM and I'm making dinner. I would've made it sooner but Ross 'wasn't hungry'.

When I finish, I place the tacos on two plates. "Ross! Dinners ready!" I call.

He scurries into the kitchen and begins eating. "Thanks, it was good." He says dully as he puts his plate in the sink.

Maybe I'll try something. "Thank you.. Wanna watch a movie with me? Maybe cuddle?" I ask with an innocent smile.

He shrugs and walks back to the living room. "I'm really busy right now, maybe later." He states, rudely.

I place my plate with his and walk over to him. "Can you stop neglecting me, please?" I beg.

He looks up at me, then back down. "I'm not neglecting you, Lynnette." He sighs.

I sit next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. He quickly moves away, turning his computer so I couldn't see it. "Yeah, you aren't neglecting me." I say sarcastically. I walk upstairs and lay in the dark, thinking.

Ross hasn't been so lovey lately. What if he doesn't love me anymore? Where is he anyways? It's like eleven-thirty and he's not in bed. He didn't leave or come upstairs, he must be on the couch.

I get up and walk, quietly, down the stairs. I see Ross sitting on the couch, that faces the tv. I tiptoe behind him and wrap my arm around his torso. "You still love me right?" I ask after five minutes.

He nods. "Of course, I do. Why would you think I didn't?" He asks, taken back and puts his hands on top of mine.

I shrug and kiss his cheek. "I don't know. You've been.." I trail off.

"A dick head lately?" He finishes for me.

I nod. "Kind of. Can I tell you how I know you've been distant?" I question and pull away.

"Sure." He sighs as I sit next to him.

"You haven't been wanting me to lay with you, at night. At work you act like I don't exist, and at home you completely ignore me." I say as tears make their way down my cheeks.

He wipes them away with his soft thumbs. "I'm sorry, babe. It's been hard on you, hasn't it?" He asks sweetly. I just nod my head. "Awe, come here, baby." He opens his arms to me.

I crawl into his lap and he holds me tightly. oh did I forget to mention I'm pregnant and I'm scared to tell him?