Chapter 76

Ross eventually stops crying. "Baby, can we leave again?" He asks as he looks up.

I look at Rocky concernedly. "We have kids, babe."

Tears build back up in his eyes. "B-But," his lips quiver.

I cup his face, bringing it closer to mine. "Soon, baby. Okay?" He nods in my hands. I kiss him a few times. "You good now? Wanna go see the kids?" He nods again.

We stand up, I help him to the small living room. He sits on the floor with Rydel and the kids. He holds Skylar in his arms. I smile as Romeo leans against his dad. Sky reaches up for his face. He leans down, allowing her to swipe away his tears. Ross smiles weakly at our daughter. "Hi baby," he whispers horsely. She sneezes in his face. He laughs before wiping his face with his sleeve. "Bless you, baby girl."

Romeo comes over to me. "Can I have a poppy now?" He asks quietly.

I nod. "I'll get it," Rydel offers. Romeo and her walk to the kitchen.

"You look just like your mommy," Ross whispers. He looks up at me, then motions for me to sit with him. I slide off the couch, next to him. "See, isn't she beautiful?" The baby stares at me with a tiny smile. Ross hands me the baby and stands up with glossy eyes.

I stand up, with the baby, and follow him to my room. "Ross," I whisper.

He looks at me, shaking his head. "You didn't read that notebook that Rocky brought, did you?" He asks, hurt lacing his voice.

"Yeah, but I-"

He cuts me off. "There's no buts, Lynn! I didn't want you to see that. I didn't want you to blame yourself," he whispers the last part.

I place the baby in her small cradle and walk over to Ross. "But, baby.. it is my fault. If I would've let you explain, nothing would've happened." I cup his cheeks, gently. He places his shaky ones on top of mine. A sudden desire to have his body comes over me. He pushes his lips to mine, kissing me firmly. He kisses down my neck, leaving me breathless. "The baby," I gasp.

Ross pulls away, looking at the cradle. He lifts her out, walking out of the room and returning alone. He lays me down on the bed, crawling over me. "We can't do this now, can we?" He sighs.

I shake my head. "We can make Romeo sleep in his own room tonight," I suggest.

He gets off of me, extending his hand. "Mommy! Mommy! Can i sleep over uncle Rocky's?" Romeo asks.

Ross sneaks his hand over and squeezes my butt. He nods and responds for me, "If you want, bud."

I notice Ross put his jeans back on. I slip my hand into his back pocket, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Go pack your bag with Aunt Delly," Rocky instructs.

Romeo and Rydel exit the room. Rocky stares at us. "What?" Ross snaps.

"Calm down, babe," I whisper.

Rocky shakes his head, pulling his hair into a ponytail. "Nothing, just missed seeing you guys together," he smiles.

"How's things with Alexa?" I ask softly.

He shrugs. "We're not on speaking terms right now. But hopefully, we'll be good again," he tugs on the ends of his hair.

I nod, understanding his position. Rydel and Romeo walk back in with a bag. "He's all set!" She exclaims.

Ross slides his hand in the elastic of my shorts. "Have fun, bubs," I kiss his head.

Ross kisses our son before rocky, romeo, and Rydel leave. Skylar sleeps on the floor, on her little mat. Ross lays sprawled out on the couch, his head resting in my lap. I comb my fingers through his ridiculously long hair. "Lynn?" He whispers as he threads his eyebrows together.

"Yeah, babe?"

He looks up before sitting up. "Can I kiss you?" He asks as he moves his face closer to mine. I bite my lip, looking from his eyes to his lips then back up to his eyes. I nod. He presses his lips to mine softly. My hand travels up, cupping his cheek. He leans back, slowly lying back down. I straddle his waist as he rubs my hips. He pulls back, staring into my eyes. "Can I be completely honest?"

I move some hair away from his face. "Of course," I smile.

"I've never felt so needy and vulnerable then I do right now," he breathes out.

I inch my face closer to us. Our breath mixes with one another's. "Oh really?" I bite his bottoms lip, tugging on it lightly.

He squeezes my hips tightly. "Mm, yeah," he moans.

I pull back as the baby starts crying. I sigh deeply, climbing off of him.