Chapter 11

Ross' P.O.V

I slip out of bed around 8:30am. I walk got the kitchen to make breakfast. I made French toast and some coffee. I looked at my phone, which was buzzing. "Why is she calling?" I asked myself as I noticed it was Cara.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, Ross.. wanna come over?" She asks.

"No thanks, Cara. I have a fiancée." I snap.

"Rossy! C'mon I wanna have fun." She whines.

"Cara, no. I'm in a committed relationship." I growl as I feel two arms wrap around me.

"But-"

"Goodbye Cara." I cut her off and hung up.

"Hey, babe." I whisper as Lynn rests we head on my back.

"Hi," she whispers and I finish making the food.

I turn around and hug her tightly. I peck her lips a few times and pull back. We eat in a comfortable silence.

When we finish, I wash the dishes. "What're we doing today?" She asks as she sits on the counter.

I shrug. "Whatever you want.. we don't have work until tomorrow." I state as I dry the plates.

"You can do whatever. I'm laying in bed all day." She says and makes her way to the stairs.

I run after her and follow her into the bedroom. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" I ask as I lay down next to her.

She shakes her head. "Nothing," she lies.

I crawl over and hover over her. "Don't lie to me." I slightly growl.

She looks into my eyes and bursts into tears. I move off of her and pull her into my lap. As I rub her back, I whisper soothing things. "It's all my fault!" She sobs.

I shake my head. "No, babe. It's not your fault. Calm down."

Her sobs die down after a while. I lay her on the bed after she falls asleep in my arms. I kiss her cheek and try to wiggle my way out of her arms. "No, Ross.. Don't leave me." she whines in her sleep.

I sigh and get free from her grip. I lay next to her and close my eyes. After a few minutes I hear whimpering. I open my eyes and look over at Lynnette. I watch tear pour out of her eyes as the whimpering gets louder. I sit up and shake her shoulders.

Her eyes shoot open and she continues to whimper. "Lynn! Baby, can you hear me!?" I yell. A weird noise escapes her lips. "Good, now listen to me. What's done is done. You can't change it.. you need to move on."

"But I can't!" She whimpers as I hear someone enter the house.

"You need to. You're okay, just snap out of it." I demand.

"Ross!" I hear someone yell.

"BABE!" I yell one final time.

She shakes her head and curls up in the blankets. "All I could hear were Lyddie's screams. I couldn't see her. The nurses said she died." She sobs.

"Lyddie.. Our daughter, Lyddie?" I ask shocked. She nods and cries into the blanket.

Lyddie was our daughter.. Lynnette had her about a year ago, but she had a rare heart condition. Lynn was holding her and she just stopped breathing. Then she started screaming and the nurses couldn't save her.

"Babe, it wasn't your fault." I say as Rocky swings open the door.

"Sorry, am I interrupting?" He asks, clearly embarrassed.

I sigh and stand up. I walk out of the room, behind Rocky, and close the door. "She had another nightmare. What's up?" I wipe off the tears that are on my face.

"Mom sent me over to check on you. She said you didn't answer your phone." He says with a shrug. "You guys want me to buy you guys lunch?" He offers.

I accept and he leaves again. I go back into the room with Lynn. I listen to her sob for a few minutes before crawling next to her. She pulls the blanket over me and puts her arms around me. "I need you." She whispers and looks up at me.

I pull her on top of me and hold her tightly. "Better?" I ask. She nod. "Okay.."