Chapter 75

Lynnette's P.O.V

"Mommy," Romeo whines as he shakes me.

I open my eyes. "Yes, Romeo?" I respond irritably.

"Is daddy still here?" He whines again.

I look over my shoulder. On the floor lies Ross' clothes. "Yes, he's still here. But I have to find him." I get up and walk to the hall. I walk to the bathroom, seeing Ross hanging his head over the sink with his hands on both sides of the counter. I wrap my arms around his waist, kissing his shoulder blade. "Are you okay?" I mumble against his skin.

He shakes his head. "They canceled tour because of me and every time I look down I want to fucking kill myself," he stares at me through the mirror.

I just stand there awkwardly for a few minutes. "Babe?" I whisper as tears stream down his face. He raises his eyebrows, awaiting an answer. "I love you."

He nods slowly. "I love you too," he sighs.

"I need you," I say quietly.

He shows me a weak smile. "I need you more," he argues.

I rest my forehead near his neck. "Rossy, you should go back to sleep. You didn't sleep so well last night," I say as he turns around. He looks down at me sadly. "What's the matter, baby?" I push some hair away from his eyes.

He shakes his head. "Nothing," he sighs as I rest my head on his chest. "Are we together again?" He asks with a shaky voice.

I look up, cupping his cheek and rubbing my thumb against his skin. "Yeah, baby," I smile softly. He smiles weakly, pressing his quivering lips to mine. "Let's get you back to bed, babe."

I take his hand and lead him back to my room. He slowly trudges behind me, trying to grab ahold of my waist. I stop and allow him to grab my waist. He holds my hips as we walk into my room. Of course the minute he lays down, Skylar starts crying. I kiss his soft, plump lips before leaving the room. I carry Skylar around, trying to quiet her down.

Romeo runs out from the kitchen. "Can I-" he pauses to sneeze. "Watch paw patrol?"

I nod, rocking the baby back and forth. "Bless you and sure. Get me the remote," i instruct.

Sky finally calms down. My phone goes off. I quickly rush over to it and answer. "Good morning, sir." I giggle.

"Good morning, ma'am. Whatcha up to?" Rocky laughs.

"Romeo's watching paw patrol and I just got Sky to calm down. What about you?" I get out Sky's bottle from the fridge.

"I literally just woke up. No one can find Ross; he won't answer his phone and he didn't come back to his house last night," he panics.

"He's here. He's sleeping right now. He had a rough night," I sigh as I set the baby in her chair.

Rocky sighs in relief. "Thank God. I made dad cancel tour because I found some really bad stuff," he huffs. "I'll bring it over. Do you need anything?" He asks softly.

"Yes, I need Popsicles, vanilla ice cream and diapers please."

"M'kay. I'll be over shortly," he says in a hushed tone.

"Okay, love you," I say as the baby reaches for the bottle.

"Love you too," he says before hanging up.

I feed the baby, making faces at her. She smiles with the cutest giggle. I smile as Romeo walks into the room. "Can I have a poppy?" He asks after kissing his sisters cheek.

He calls a Popsicle a poppy.

I tap my cheek, indicating to kiss it. He gives my cheek a kiss. "Uncle Rocky is bringing them," I say softly. He nods, leaning on my side. I lift Skylar out of her seat and try to burp her. "Good girl," I giggle after she burps.

"That was gross," Romeo chuckles.

We walk to the living room, to play with the baby. After about an hour, someone knocks on the door. I get up and open the door to reveal Rocky and Rydel. Tears stream down Rydel's cheeks. I look at Rocky in confusion. "What's wrong?" I ask Rydel as we sit on the couch.

She shakes her head, wiping her tears. "Is there somewhere we can talk, privately?" Rocky asks. I nod and lead him to the kitchen. He hands me a black notebook. I open it and read one of the entries. "It's Ross'," he informs me.

September 13th,

Tomorrows Romeo's birthday. I seriously don't see a point for trying anymore. I don't want to disappoint my little boy, but I miss Lynn so much. My best friend left me, wants nothing to do with me, hates me.. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm sick of looking at these pictures on the wall of us. The worst is when I wake up from an awesome dream and Lynn isn't there. Most days, at two in the morning, I get up and cut. Romeo saw the other day. He says that Lynn has to know. I don't want her to.

I flip backwards and look at one from July.

July 28th,

The baby was born today. I saw Lynn's beautiful face. I do love her. If only I could tell her that Diana had a gun to my head. She wouldn't believe me, though. There's about sixteen cuts on each of my legs and I stopped counting on my arms. I just need Lynn back. Romeo, and now Skylar, are the only things that I look forward to. Well, I look forward to seeing Lynn tomorrow. Romeo wants to meet Skylar and I really want to talk to Lynn.

I close the notebook with tears streaming down my face. Rocky hands me a ziplock bag with broken razor blades and a lighter. I drop it on the floor with a shriek. He pulls me into a tight hug. I pull back, wiping my eyes. "This isn't happening," I chuckle nervously. "It can't be." I run to my room with Rocky behind me. Ross sits up, balling his eyes out. I sit on the bed next to him, pulling him into a hug. "It's okay, baby. I promise," I whisper.

Rocky sits in front of us. "No, it's not!" Ross yells at me. "It never will be," he cries.

Rocky pats his brothers shoulder. "Ross, it'll be okay. You have to do what Lynn says," he instructs. Ross nods against me.

.

.

.
a/n

Omg, this was soooo long! I hope ya'll like it. I'm goin' on a plane now.

If you read My Perfect Adoptive Family, there's only one more chapter left, but there's a sequel. If you don't, you should start.