Chapter 3

"Yes," I breathe out.

He smiles and slide the ring onto my finger. He stands up and pulls me into a tight hug. "I was so nervous you were going to say no." He admits.

I nod and close my eyes, holding him closer to me. I bury my face in his neck. We just stand there for a good ten minutes. "Ross?" I ask into the silence.

He pulls back and raises his eyebrows. "Yes, babe?" He answers and lays back down in the bed.

I climb on his waist. He places his hands on both my thighs. "Never mind." I sigh

"Tell me, babe." He slightly growls.

I grow scared and say, "this is your last chance."

He nods. "Okay, I understand." He states more calmly.

I feel sleep taking over my body, so I let myself drift until a deep sleep.

~~

"Lynn, baby.. I'm going to go to the store quick. You wanna come or stay here?" Ross says sweetly.

I groan and open my eyes. "Can you drop me at my house so I can get some clothes?" I ask tiredly.

He thinks for a moment before nodding. "Yes, come on." He says, extending his hand to me. I grab it and we walk to the car. We drive to my house in a comfortable silence. He pulls into the driveway and kisses me. "You want anything specific from the stores?" He asks as I get out.

"Get me brownie mix and I'll make us brownies tonight." I say before closing the door.

He nods and pulls out of the driveway. I run into the house and close the door behind me. I get most of my clothes and throw them into a few bags. After about an hour, I hear Ross call my name. I bring the bags downstairs and jump into his arms. "Well, hello to you too." He giggles and kisses me.

I cup his cheeks and deepen the kiss. He walks over to the couch and sits down so I'm sitting on his lap. I pull back and rest my hands on his chest. "I know that we just got back together but...." I trail off.

"But, what?" He asks impatiently.

I bite my lip. "Can we have kids? Not now but.. Somewhere down the line?" I ask, closing one eye, scared of his reaction.

He smiles and nods. "Yeah, but I want to wait a little while. And can we wait to tell anyone we're engaged? My parents don't like the fact my manager is my girlfriend, let alone fiancée." He says quickly.

I sigh and nod. "Does that mean I can't wear the ring all the time?" I ask quietly as I play with the buttons on his shirt.

"You can.. Just not on that finger. That reminds me, we're gonna go to my parents' house for dinner." He states as we walk to the car.

I nod. "Okay, I just gotta change." I sigh.

-----

We're now walking up to Mr. and Mrs. Lynch's house. Ross laces our fingers together and opens the door. Stormie smiles at him, but her face changes to a disappointed face when she sees our hands. "Lynnie!" Rydel, Ross' sister, squeals as she runs into the kitchen.

She pulls me into a hug. "Hi, Delly." I giggle and grab onto Ross' hand again.

"Babe, the ring." He whispers. I look down and slide the ring into his pocket. "Mom, I'm hungry!" Ross whines as we sit at the dining room table.

She laughs and sets plates in front of us. "How have you been, Lynnette?" Stormie asks sweetly.

I finish chewing and wipe off my face. "I've been alright. How about you Mrs. Lynch?" I smile.

"I'd be better if my son would tell me when he's back together with you." She sighs.

We finish eating in awkward silence. I excuse myself to the bathroom, after pulling the ring out of Ross' pocket. He immediately texts me.

Ross: what're you doing?

Lynn: I just wanted to look at it

Ross: are you ok? You're acting weird.

Lynn: I'm fine, I'll be out in two minutes.

Ross: Lynn..

Lynn: what?

Ross: nvrm. I love you.

Lynn: ok, I love you too.

I set my phone in the sink and just stare at the ring. Oh, Ross. I know him and I know he's going to do something to make me regret saying yes. I sigh and walk out of the bathroom.