Chapter 72

~Four days later~

Romeo hugs everyone as I stand with Ross. He holds my baby bump with gentle hands and looks at the floor as tears stream down his face. "Hey, I'll see you in a few months," I whisper as I wipe his eyes.

He shrugs. "Please, call me. Everyday, even ever you need me, or text me. Please," he begs as he looks up.

He wipes my tears, making me smile. I hug him tightly. "I will. I'll call you when I get to the house," I whisper.

He nods, sniffling. "I love you, babe, so much!" He exclaims and kisses my passionately.

I hold his cheeks as he grabs my hips, pulling me closer. "I love you," I say against his lips.

He pulls back. "Be safe," he whispers before kissing my cheek. Romeo runs over to us. Ross lifts him into his arms. "Take care of your, mommy."

Romeo hugs his dad tightly. "I will, daddy. Take care of yourself," the small child laughs.

Ross nods, Romeo wiping his dad's tears. "Make sure your mommy is happy. I love you, bubs," he kisses the small boys cheek.

Romeo kisses his dad's cheek. "I love you too, daddy." Ross hands me the child. "Stop crying, you'll come home, right?"

Ross nods, smiling sadly. "Yeah, I'll be home soon enough."

"Flight 493 Gate B is now boarding," a voice over the intercom says.

I sigh sadly, holding back my tears. "That's us," I whisper.

Ross kisses my cheek then Romeo's. "I love you guys! Call me when you get home!" He yells as I walk to the gate with Romeo on my hip.

We wave once more before getting on the plane. "Momma?" Romeo yawns as I set him in the seat.

I help him buckle the seatbelt. "Yes, baby?" I whisper.

"Is you and daddy broken?" He asks.

I shake my head, wiping a tear. "No, I just wanted to go home. I love daddy, a lot. We just need sometime away from each other."

He nods, leaning against me. He stays asleep for most of the flight. It was hard for me to get comfortable.

~~~~~

I help Romeo out of the taxi. We get out bags before walking to the house. "Want a cookie?" I offer as we walk into the kitchen.

"Yeah!" He yells as I flick on the lights.

I giggle as I walk to the cupboard. "Wanna go to the store? We have nothing here," I groan.

Romeo hands me my purse. "One step ahead of you," he laughs.

I smile and take it from him. "Thanks, bubby," I giggle as we slide on our shoes.

I secure him in his car seat. I drive to the grocery with Ross' debit card. "Let's get every type of cookie!" He exclaims as he runs to the bakery section.

My phone vibrates in my coat pocket. "Romeo, wait!" I yell and speed up my walking. "Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, umm.. Did you make it home alright?" Ross asks awkwardly.

I smile as Romeo puts three boxes of different types of cookies in the cart. "Yeah, we're grocery shopping now. What's up?"

"Oh, well call me when you get home. I want to talk to you after Romeo is asleep," he says quietly.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Is everything alright?" I ask, growing worried.

He sniffles. "Yeah, I guess. We just need to talk. Don't worry about it, have fun tonight and call me later."

I nod slowly. "Okay, I love you."

"Love you too," he mutters before hanging up.

I sigh and put my phone in my purse. Romeo guides me down all the aisles to get what he wants. "Momma, are you okay?" He asks as we check out.

I nod. "Yeah, Daddy's just worrying me," I sigh.

He hugs my leg as I put the groceries in the cart. I smile, telling a tear fall. "Can I talk to the baby before bed?" He asks as I pay.

"Thank you," I say as I get my change. I nod as Romeo and I walk the car. "Yeah, I suppose."

We put the bags in the car before heading home.

~~

I kiss Romeo's head before walking out of my room. I call Ross back, chewing on my lip. "Hey," he mumbles.

"Hi, Romeo's asleep," I state as I clean up the kitchen.

He takes a deep breath. "Okay, please just listen to me. I will give you a chance to yell or whatever when I'm finished."

"O-Okay," I stutter.

"I'm just going to skip to the big question.. who gets the house?" He sniffles.

"What?" I ask as tears brim my eyes.

"I-I slept with Diana," he blurts.

I shake my head, putting a hand on my stomach. "Ross, please tell me you're kidding."

He sniffles again. "I wish, Lynn. I really do. But-"

I cut him off. "We were going to have another baby, Ross! We were going to get married!" I sob.

"I know, and I'm sorry! You really think that it was easy for me to tell you?"

"You promised this shit would stop," I whisper as Romeo comes down the stairs. "Shit, Romeo. What about Romeo? What about our new baby?" I cry.

"Lynn, I'm sorry. Please just give me one more chance," he begs.

"One more chance!? Ross, you've had so many 'one more chances'. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry. You can have the house. I'll get an apartment and be out before I have the baby. When you get here for the baby's birth, we'll be civilized. I'm sorry, but we're done." I quickly hang up.

Romeo runs over to me, hugging me tightly. I cry into his shirt, shooting pains occurring in my stomach. "Bed," Romeo says sternly.

I stand up and shut off the lights. We walk upstairs to bed. I plug in my phone to charge. Romeo falls asleep quickly. I cry quietly to myself. "He promised," I whisper into the darkness.