Chapter 23

*I open my eyes and see Lynnette, gone. I look around the room but she's nowhere to be found. I try calling her but she sends me to voicemail. I call Rydel, maybe she knows where she went.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey, do you know where Lynn is? I can't find her and I'm worried out of my fucking mind." He say quickly.

"She went home.." My sister states. "She said something about you, Kayla, and moving out. She said she left you something on the bathroom counter."

I quickly rush to the bathroom and see her ring just laying there. "Thanks, Del." I say before hanging up.

I let tears flow as I realized I lost her forever. It's 2:45pm and my baby left me. Forever. She left me forever and is never coming back. I tried calling her again, but nothing.

I text her but she probably won't answer.

Ross: babe, please call me.
I'm worried about you and
The baby.. please just let
Me know you're safe. I
love you so much.

I wait and wait and wait, but nothing. I take a shower around 3:30. When I get out of the shower, I see I have a missed call from my sister. I get dressed and go to her room. She has tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes. She pulls me to my parents' room.

"When's the last time you heard from Lynn?" My mom asks.

"9:30 this morning.." I whisper.

"Hun, we have some bad news." She says.

I look up at my parents waiting for them to say something. "Well, what the fuck is it!?" I scream impatiently.

"Lynn's plane crashed.." Dad declares painfully.

I immediately drop to the ground and hold my head in my hands. My sister tries rubbing my back, but I push her away. "Get the fuck away from me! Don't fucking touch me!" I yell. I feel someone place their hands on my shoulders.*

I open my eyes and look at Lynnette. "Are you okay?" She asks concernedly as she moves hair out of my face.

I nod. "Yeah, i just had a nightmare." I say, glancing at the clock. 10:36am.

She kisses my forehead. "There, now you can't have anymore nightmares." She giggles.

I smile weakly and close my eyes, burying my face in her neck. "I thought I lost you. We broke up and you left and your plane crashed.." She kisses my head again. I look up and see she doesn't have a baby bump anymore. "Lynn, what happened to..?" I trail off. She looks down and shakes her head. "Oh my god, babe! Why didn't you wake me up! That's like the second time since we've gotten back together." I say and sit up.

She lays her head in my lap and closes her eyes. "I didn't want to trouble you with it." She whispers.

I play with her hair for a few minutes. "Babe, you should always tell me about stuff like that. I want to hold you when you cry." I say quietly.

Her eyes flutter open. "But I didn't cry. I'm used to it by now." She says as a single tear drops from each of her eyes.

I drag my thumb under her eyes, swiping away the tears. "Shit, babe. I feel so shitty right now. Let me take you out. Where do you wanna go?"

She shakes her head again. "Nowhere.. I just want to lay here with you." She says as tears build up inside of her.

I nod and lay back down.