Chapter 85

Three years later - LAST CHAPTER

Ross and I held off on getting married. We're going to get married tomorrow. I'm not in the best mood right now.

"Skylar Juliet, get your ass down here now!" I yell up the stairs. Skylar crawls over to the stairs. "Now," I growl.

She slowly makes her way downstairs backwards. I lift her up and carry her into the kitchen. "Daddy," she cries out as Ross walks into the kitchen.

He takes her from me. "What's wrong, princess?" He pouts.

She points to me. "Momma yell," she nuzzles her face in his neck.

I groan, running my fingers through my hair. I pace back and forth. Ross sets her in the high chair. He walks over to me, grabbing my hips. "What's wrong, love?" He asks sweetly. I shrug, putting my hands on his shoulders. "You can tell me," he caresses my cheek.

"I can't do this without you. They're going to hate me," I whimper.

He softly presses his lips to mine. I drop my hands go his waist, pulling him closer to me. He pulls back after a few seconds, cupping my cheeks. "We're getting married tomorrow, okay? Everything is going to be perfect. No stress, no worries, just us. We'll go from there, alright?" He whispers promisingly. I nod, closing my eyes. He pushes my lips to mine again. "I love you and you're a wonderful mom. Just take a few deep breaths when you get mad, alright?"

"Okay," I whisper, looking down. I put my arm over my stomach as I feel a slight pain. I pull away and sit at the table, putting my head on the surface.

"Mommy?" Romeo whispers. I look up with tears streaming down my face. He climbs onto my lap. "What's wrong?" He asks as Ross sits across from us.

"Is it okay if I talk to daddy alone?"

Romeo nods as he slides off of me. Ross and I walk upstairs. "Are you okay, babygirl? What's the matter?" He asks worryingly as he pulls me into a tight embrace.

I cry into his shoulder. "I don't want you to go," I cry out.

He runs his fingers through my hair. "Shh," he sits on the ground with me between his legs. I finally calm down after a few minutes. "Lemme hold you for another minute," he says as I attempt to pull away. I nod and lean against his chest. "I love you so much," he whispers in my ear.

I smile weakly. "I love you too."

He keeps whispering sweet things in my ear. "Wanna go downstairs, babygirl?" I nod again, for the millionth time. We walk downstairs, hand in hand.

I hold his hand with his bicep in my other hand. "Daddy, whys mommy look so scared?" Romeo asks quietly.

Ross looks at me as I bury my face in his shoulder. "Mommy's just sad. She'll be okay.. I hope," he whispers the last part but I heard. He pushes some hair behind my ear. "Go lie down, babygirl. I'll take care of them," he whispers in my ear.

I hold him closer. "I want you," I murmur.

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with me. I love my kids, but I just want to be alone with Ross right now. I just want him to lay with me and cuddle with me.. I just want to be with him.

He pulls out his phone and texts his mom. Within minutes, she's here. "We'll be upstairs, mom. I just need to lay with her," he says softly. She nods and Ross pulls me upstairs. He closes the door to our room before facing me. I lay down and wait for him. He crawls in next to me, cupping my cheek. "What's wrong?" He asks for the eight billionth time.

I scoot closer to him, putting my face in his neck and entwining our legs. He sighs, pulling me up so I'm straddling his waist. "I told you," I whine.

He closes his eyes, taking a deep breath and looking back at me. "Lynn," he starts.

"I miss being alone with you, okay?! Like, I get that if Lyddie would've made it, she'd be five and shit.. but she obviously didn't make it for a reason! I had to have those miscarriages for a reason!" I slightly yell. He stares at me with his eyes wide. "I would die for the kids. I love them so much, I just..." I trail off.

He nods understandingly. "You miss the was things used to be."

"Yeah," I murmur.

Ross' P.O.V

"I hate you!" Skylar yells at us as she walks over here. "You always tell at me and now you don't want me."

I sit up as she climbs on the bed. "No, princess we do want you! We love you very much it's just-" she cuts Lynn off.

"No! I heard everything you said!" She cries.

"Sky-" she cuts me off too.

She shakes her head. "Stop it! I hate both of you. I wish you were never my mommy and daddy," she runs out of the room.

Lynn gets off of me, playing with her hands. "This is all my fault," she whispers. "Fuck it," she gets up and grabs a hoodie.

I run downstairs after her. "babe!" I yell as I chase her out of the house. She gets in her car, slamming and locking the doors.

She rolls down her window. "Get in," she growls.

I rush to the other side and get in. She speeds down the road. "Lynn, slow down."

She goes faster, making sharp turns. Slamming on her brakes, we're suddenly in an empty parking lot. "You're parents hate me, my kids hate me, what's next? You hate me?" Tears rapidly stream down her face as she looks into the distance.

I shake my head. "The kids do not hate you," I rub her thigh.

Where's Rocky when you need him?

She rests her head against the steering wheel. Another car pulls into the parking lot as I try to calm her. They park next to us and Rocky gets out. He knocks on Lynn's window. I reach over and unlock the doors. He opens it and kneels next to her. "You're gonna be okay. You just need to sit up for me." Lynn takes a deep breath, sitting up straight. "Good," he smiles. "Now what's going on?"

"Skylar hates me, your parents hate me, Tony won't answer my calls, a-and.." she trails off.

I rub her back as Rocky stares up at her. "What else? We'll make it all better, Lynn. You just gotta tell us what's wrong."

She wipes her eyes. "You're leaving for tour in a week for three months," she says quietly.

Rocky nods as she leans against me. "Yeah, what's wrong? You wanna come with us?" He asks with a genuine smile.

She shakes her head. "What is it, babygirl?" I whisper in her ear.

"I can't tell you."

.

.

.
a/n
Next book is up. It's called I Can Tell