Chapter 10

"Wanna watch that movie now?" Ross offers. I shrug and pull back.

"No, it's fine. You're busy.. I'm gonna g-go lie down." My voice cracks.

He cocks an eyebrow and my hands slowly move to my stomach. "What aren't you telling me?" He asks, glancing at my hands.

I shake my head. "Nothing, why?" I lie to him. He quickly moves my hands and puts his in their place.

He smiles as he feels the baby kick. "How come you didn't tell me?" "I thought you'd be.. I don't know. I got scared you'd hate me."

He shakes his head. "Nah.. Babe! We're having a baby!" He yells and tackles me into a hug. I fell asleep to ross whispering sweet things to my belly.

The next day

I open my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck. "I have to go to the bathroom. Be right back." I say and rush upstairs to the bathroom. I sit on the toilet and blood rushes out of me. "Ross!" I scream in pain. He runs into the bathroom. He kneels in front of me, placing a hand on my knee. "The baby," I choke out.

"What babe? What's wrong?" He asks nervously.

I open my legs and look into the toilet. "The baby's gone." I sob. He gets up with tears streaming down his face. He starts the tub and walks back over to me.

"Ross, I need to be alone." I cry. He nods and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. I wipe off the blood and flush the toilet. I rest my hand on my stomach. I can't feel the baby kick anymore.

I sit in the tub and sob for about an hour until Ross knocks. "Babe, can you come out? It hurts me too." He sniffles.

"Yeah, sure." I sigh and drain the tub. I wrap a towel around myself and walk out. I quickly dress in a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

I lay next to Ross, placing my head on his chest. He plays with my hair for a bit. "You wanna talk about it?" He asks. I shake my head. "Please? It hurts me too."

I shake my head again and sit up. "You didn't have to push a dead baby out of yourself! It's different for you!" I scream as more tears make their way down my face.

"Babe," he starts and sits up also.

He pulls me into his chest. "It hurt so much." I sob.

He rubs my back, trying to calm me. "Come on, lay down with me." He says after a while. I nod and we cuddle together. I sigh into the darkness as all the life has been drained out of me. "It's fine babe. You can go to sleep." He says lowly.

I shrug. "I know, but something.. I feel like something's missing." I groan as I roll off of him.

He wraps his arm around my waist and whispers, "talk to me."

"My stomach feels so empty now. My whole world just came crumbling down." I sigh.

Ross kisses the back of my neck lightly as i speak. "And I will do my best to rebuild it." He whispers sweetly. He slides my pants off and onto the floor. He rubs my hips with his soft finger tips. "I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too." I coo before falling asleep.