Chapter 38

Ross' P.O.V

I haven't slept in three days. That was the last time I saw Lynn. my eyes start to get heavy so I allow them to close. My eyes shoot open when my phone starts ringing. I rush over to it and see its Lynn.

"Are you okay!? I miss you so much! Please come home baby. I can't sleep, knowing you hate me! I'm worried sick!" I say quickly into the phone.

"R-Ross?" She shudders.

"What baby? What's wrong?" I ask quickly.

"Nobody's home a-and I-I.."

I grab my keys and rush out the door. "You what? I'm on my way. Stay on the phone." I demand.

"No! Don't come! You'll be mad at me." She whispers into the phone.

I speed down the road and into my parents' driveway. "Lynn, I'm here. Where are you?" I ask as I dart upstairs. Her line goes dead.

I rush to the bathroom and see her balling her eyes out. I gasp as I see the puddle of blood next to her. I climb over her and sit on the other side. I pull her onto my lap, wrapping her leg in a towel. "I-I'm sorry!" She cries.

"Shh, shh baby. It's okay, I'm here now." I whisper in her ear. When she stops crying, I clean up her leg so it doesn't get infected. "Come on, I'll take you out to lunch 'cause you clearly haven't eaten in days. Make sure you can walk, okay?" She nods and slides off the counter.

I stare at her leg as she walks around, trying to figure out what she wrote. "It says worthless," she mumbles.

I tilt my head to the side before pulling her into a hug. "You aren't worthless, baby. You're worth everything in the world. We'll talk more at lunch, yeah?" She nods again and I help her down the stairs. After about fifteen silent minutes, I pull into Panera Bread. We're seated near a window.

We order our drinks before she stares into my eyes. "I'm sorry," she mumbles once again.

I shake my head. "It alright, love.." I whisper. After another five minutes we have our drinks and order our meal. "You need a break from all this. What do you say you and I, we go to the Bahamas together? Two weeks, just us. We can leave all our problems here and just go." I say quickly and quietly.

She shows me a weak, and noticeably fake smile. "Yeah, let's go."

"When? We can get the next flight?" I suggest.

She shrugs. "Soon," she says as our food is set in front of us.

She picks at her food, making me worry. "Lynn?" I ask lowly. She looks up at me, raising her eyebrows for an answer. "Are you okay?"

She shrugs. "I don't know.. I just want to leave." she sighs.

I nod. We talk everything out. She eventually finished. We walk to the car and go back to my parents' house. "Where'd they go?" I ask as I notice no one is home.

"Again, don't know." She gets her bag and we go home. She packs as I book the hotel and plane tickets.

She sits behind me, wrapping her arms around me. "Is it okay if we get a beach house instead of a hotel room?" I ask as she leans her head on my back.

She nods. "Perfect, when?"

"We leave tomorrow," I say as I close my laptop. She nods again. "Wanna watch a movie?"

She responds by handing me the remote and crawling in my lap. I smile, mostly to myself before turning on the tv. We watch whatever's in the dvd player, which happens to be Beauty and The Beast. She falls asleep after a while, I slide back and sit against the headboard. I pull her into my chest and pull the blankets over us. I eventually fall asleep myself.

Lynn's P.O.V

We both groan as my phone starts ringing. "Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, where are you? Are you okay?" Rocky asks calmly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm with Ross." I sigh.

He sighs. "Okay, call me if you need me."

"Okay, bye." I say tiredly.

We hang up and Ross looks sleepily down at me. "It's only 5:30, we can go back to sleep if you want or do something." He says.

I shrug. "What should we do?" I ask, not really feeling tired.

"We can shower and go to the movies then pizza?" He suggest with a smile. I nod and we get up. We get in the shower, quickly washing up without much talking. He pulls me into a warm hug. "I'm sorry," he mumbles into my wet hair.

I shake my head. "It's in the past, I want to leave it there." I whisper and kiss behind his ear. "I love you and that's all that matters, right?"

He pulls back and nods. "Yeah," he smiles.

We both lean in until our lips touch. For some reason, I quickly pull back. He looks at me, confused. "I feel like i took you back too soon." I wanted to say.

"What?" He asks after a few seconds.

I shrug. "I don't know, I'm sorry." I say as I get out. As I wrap a towel around me, Ross wraps his arms around me, kissing my neck. I giggle as he kisses my ticklish spot.