Chapter 37

After rehearsals, we grab some lunch and head home. Riker and I quickly rush upstairs before Ross could see Lynn. She was crying and whimpering, "leave me alone," in her sleep. I sit on the bed, gently shaking her shoulders. Her eyes shoot open and she looks terrified, yet relieved.

I lie down next to her and pull her into my arms. "It's okay, I won't let him hurt you." I whisper in her ear as Riker sits next to me.

She nods and cries quietly into my shirt. When she was about to fall asleep again, Ross bursts in the door. Riker shoots up and points to the door. "Get out," he growls.

Ross pushes Riker into the wall. "Don't tell me what to do." He spits in Rikers face. Lynn holds me tighter and looks at Ross. "Hello, darling. Please come home," he says sweetly.

Lynn shakes her head, sliding off the engagement ring. "Go ahead! put me in a psych ward! I don't give a shit anymore!" She yells and throws it at him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... what!?" I yell at my little brother.

He shrugs. "She needs help! She almost killed herself!" He screams defensively.

I finally lose it. "MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE YOU TREAT HER LIKE COMPLETE SHIT! YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HER AT ALL!" Lynn jumps away from me and into Riker's arms.

Riker helps her put on her clothes as Ross yells at me some more. Riker helps her get out of the room, but Ross follows them. Riker quickly shoves her into Rydel's room. "She's mine!" Ross yells and lunges at Riker.

I grab his wrist. "You hurt her, Ross. You told her to kill herself, so that's what she tried. You knew she got raped, but apparently you didn't care. Give her a few days and she'll call you." I say calmly, yet sternly. He nods and walks downstairs, slamming the front door. "Lynn, you can come out. He left," I say quietly. She opens the door and I grab her hand. I lead her downstairs into the kitchen. "What do you want to eat?"

She grabs my bicep with her other hand. "I'm not hungry," she mumbles.

"You have to eat," i whine. She shrugs and glances at my parents, who stare at her sympathetically. "Rydel told them what happened." I whisper.

She nods and looks up at me. "Rocky, I'm not hungry." She whines as she tugs on my arm.

I sigh. "Bab- Lynn you have to eat." I say quickly correcting myself. She looks up at me with pleading eyes. I sigh again and give in. "Alright, but you're eating tomorrow. We should get to bed."

She nods and we go upstairs after saying goodnight to my parents. Riker was sleeping over his girlfriend's house. So it's just Lynn and I. I lay on my bed and lift my arm up so she can lay next to me. She lays under my arm, placing her head on my chest.

I wrap my arm around her securely. "Tell me everything that happened today, from when you woke up." I whisper.

"I woke up and Ross wasn't with me. I ran downstairs and explained I had a nightmare. I got the door, it was Danny. So all that happened. When we got home the doorbell rang again, when I was in our room. He got it and when I went downstairs, Diana and him were making out." She explains.

I nod slowly. "When did you almost.. Overdose?" I ask as tears burn in my eyes.

She shrugs. "Before I had the nightmare." There was a long silence before she says, "you almost called me babe earlier." She smirks.

"Sorry," I blush.

She lays her head on the pillow next to me. I turn my head to look at her. Before I knew it, our lips were connected. We pull back and just stare into each others eyes. "That was so wrong but.." She trails off.

"It felt so right," I finish for her.

She nods and buries her face in my neck.

.

.

.
A/n
Who should she end up with?
Ross, Rocky, or Riker?