Dance with me Darling, maybe tonight is the night

⚠️by 𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙣𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 on ao3

⚠️summary:

"Oh you even bought the candles I love. They smell so lovely, don't they Louis?" He was just testing him by now. Louis just nodded. He was still standing next to the couch. Completely perplexed by the fact that Harry had apparently forgotten about their anniversary. His Harry. The boy who remembered the day they had their first date, the day they first kissed, hell even the day they first got to meet each other's parents. This same boy forgot the most important day in their relationship so far? Or maybe Louis is wrong? Is today even their anniversary? Did he mess up his dates again? No, that was impossible. He'd made sure to put a reminder on his calendar and his sister had even messaged him this morning to make sure he didn't forget. So it sure as hell wasn't him who was wrong this time. His boy had actually forgotten about their anniversary. Louis was shocked to say the least. He tried to blame it on the wedding preparations that made Harry so forgetful but he still couldn't help but feel a little gutted.

or, the one where Harry pretends to forget their anniversary to piss Louis off - it works.

⚠️words: 4061

🤍🤍🤍

When Harry came home to the smell of Chinese food and the sound of Stevie Wonder's voice playing softly from the stereo, he smiled to himself. Just minutes before, he had wondered if Louis might have forgotten about their anniversary, but taking one step into their house, he knew that Louis had planned all of this beforehand. There were candles all around the living room. His favourite music was playing, and Chinese was the only take away food Harry would ever touch. So yeah, Louis must have planned this. You see, Mr Louis Tomlinson was not exactly known for being the most romantic man in the world. So him putting up candles without there being a proper reason, like a power failure or anything similar, made Harry sure of the fact that his not-very-romantic man must have remembered their second anniversary. And damn, it made Harry’s heart melt into a million pieces. The only problem was that specifically this year, Harry had hoped and prayed that he would forget, because Harry had a plan. Said plan consisted of himself in lace panties and a cock up his ass.

There's been a lot going on in their lives recently which made it kind of hard for them to see each other, and more specifically to have sex as often as they'd like. Louis had gotten a promotion a few weeks ago and he's been working late a lot, while Harry was in the midst of arranging their wedding. Yes, they were engaged. Louis had proposed on New Years Eve while they were sitting on their balcony, cuddled in thick blankets and surrounded by candles while eating strawberries and drinking wine. It was the most romantic moment of Harry's live and the celebratory sex, was the most intimate one they'd ever had. And even though they'd only been together for a little over a year, Harry didn't have any worries at all. Louis was his soulmate. His Lover. His best friend. And without a single doubt, the love of Harry's life. That's why he didn't even have to think before crying out a 'Yes' into Louis' shoulder.

So yeah, Harry was incredibly in love with his man, and said love only increased to an impossible amount when he did cute and romantic stuff that he knows will make Harry happy. As Harry put down his bag and keys and walked into the living room, he pretty much wanted to cry. Louis was sitting on the couch, fidgeting with his fingers and his button up. Oh shit he's wearing a button up.. His hair was messily pushed back from his forehead, traces of a long and stressful day, and his stubble was prominent and just so sexy that Harry wanted to drop to his knees then and there. But he had a role to play. When Louis realised his presence, he stood up and smiled his charming smile that made Harry so incredibly weak in his knees. "Hi Baby" he said huskily and Harry knew he was in for a good night. He smiled at the attractive man in front of him, HIS man more specifically, and gave him an obvious once over. "Is there a reason why you look so presentable ?" He asked smugly and watched as Louis' facial expression changed from surprised, to shocked, to absolutely gutted. Harry despised to see him like this, but he really wanted to fulfil his plan. Speaking of said plan, Harry had to re-write the original one now that he knew Louis had planned something. His new plan, was to act like he didn't know that today was their anniversary to annoy Louis to a certain degree - Part 1. Then he would wind him up a little by just being his irresistible self, just to leave him hanging in the end. - Part 2.