we forget we gotta just enjoy the ride, tonight

⚠️by 𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮𝙟𝙤𝙝𝙣𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙠 on ao3

⚠️summary:

"Yeah I, um - Have you got anything, like, christmas-y?" He felt his throat go dry, cheeks heated up immediately.
"Yes of course!" She led him over to a very well-decorated section, and he almost felt embarrassed for being able to even miss it. Glitter in the ceiling, a freaking Christmas-tree in the middle of to shelves and Christmas ornaments hung wherever they would fit.
"So what are you looking for?" She asked. Louis looked around, eyes skimmed through the shelves filled with red- and white-coloured panties and bras, before his eyes settled on something. Something red and very pretty.

The one where Louis has a surprise for Harry when they meet up after Christmas celebration with their families.

⚠️words: 8257

🤍🤍🤍

The snow had finally arrived in Britain. Or, finally was maybe the wrong word, because it was cold and wet. And Louis nor Harry liked either.
However, not only was the weather quite annoying, the two of them were also separated. Not by choice, oh never by choice, but because of their families. They both had decided to spend Christmas apart, together with their family, and then meet a couple of days after in their flat in London. Christmas was after all, a time to spend with your family and loved ones, even though your loved one lives in another city. So, making the very hard promise to be able not to see each other for a few days, Harry and Louis had both driven away in separated directions, mixed emotions in their hearts.

Something told them to smile, it was just for a couple of days, but it wasn't just that they weren't going to spend Christmas together. No, Harry wouldn't be able to spend Louis birthday with him, and that was the part that really made the corner of his mouth trailing on the floor behind him. Louis had assured him it was okay, he said that they would make up for it later, with a wink of course. They had decided to both leave on the 23rd, sometime around noon, and they would meet up in their apartment on the 26th. Three days. Or, almost. It felt heartbreaking, knowing that they in fact had a break from touring and did not spending all of it wrapped up around each other in a blanket and feed each other chocolate. Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Right?

Now, their relationship wasn't really out yet, their management wanted them to keep Louis' fake one until next year. And considering what date it was now, the phrase 'next year' didn't make them cringe like it used to.

But now it was Christmas. A cheerful smile spread on all the faces you met, sparkle in everybody's eyes and hands full of shopping-bags and wallets echoing, just how it's supposed to be.
Before both of them had driven off, they exchanged their gifts, Harry's' being a little bit more nicely wrapped up than Louis', but it didn't matter. Not at all.

________________________________

You see, Louis had a plan. Yeah, that might seem a little strange, Louis being Louis and planning wasn't really his thing, but he actually did. He was a bit sad that Harry wouldn't be with him for his birthday, no snogging, hugging, cuddling and no birthday sex. Okay, maybe he was very sad.
But Harry had promised to make it up for him, pinky promised, across his heart and all that, and Louis had just smiled and whispered 'I know' against his lips and that was it.