Painkiller (pt.4 of "These violent delights")

⚠️summary:

“Not all of the blood is mine.”

Or

Nick is stupid enough to attack Louis.

⚠️words: 1558

🤍🤍🤍

“Nice hickey, mate.”

Louis' eyes widened, hand flying to his neck. It had been two days since the incident in his kitchen with Liam and the meat cleaver but the marks on his body still looked hours old. Harry had done a real number on him and he can only imagine what he'd look like if they took things further, which he had no doubt would happen soon, because as terrifying as Harry was, Louis was putty at his fingertips. Perhaps he wouldn't have felt so strongly about the other boy if he thought Harry would cause him harm, but somehow he knew deep down that Harry would never hurt him, other people on the other hand...

Louis scowled at his friend. “Stick it, Dan.”

The brown haired boy just snorted, poking him in the side. “I think Styles beat me to it.”

Louis shoved at him and he fell on the ground. Good.

“That's it Tomlinson!” Dan growled, standing quickly and charging at Louis who squealed out a laugh before taking off across the field, the other boy hot on his heels. Dan caught him when they reached the school parking lot and Louis laughed as he was lifted off the ground.

“Put me down, Daniel!”

“Yes. Put him down, Daniel.” A cold voice said.

Louis squawked when he was immediately dumped onto the ground “Hey!”

A second later he heard a thump. Rolling his eyes, Louis turned to look over his shoulder where sure enough, Harry had Dan's face smooshed against the windshield of someone's car, blood running from the boy's split lip – Louis felt sorry for whomever would come out to the car after school only to discover a bloody face smear when they looked up. He stood, wiping the dust off the back of his jeans and walked over to where the two boys were. “Harry. No.” 

Grabbing Harry's elbow, he yanked him toward the school, “Do you want to be suspended?” he hissed.

Harry just smirked, tugging his arm out of Louis' grasp and wrapping it around the smaller boy's shoulders. “They wouldn't dare.” he said, smiling menacingly.

Louis shivered. He believed him, and not for the first time he found himself wondering about Harry's family.

-:-

Later that day Louis was washing his hands in the boys bathroom when he was shoved against the wall.

“You think you're special?” Nick snarled, leaning down into his space, “You think he actually cares about you? You're nothing but his cock slut of the week.”

Hurt flared through him but instead of wanting to cry Louis felt vicious. He eyed Nick's arm where it was still in a cast and raised his eyebrows. “It's more than you'll ever be, and that alone makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.”

Nick's face twisted in fury and his fist connected with Louis' stomach, winding the smaller boy and causing him to fall to his knees. Before he could do anything else Louis raised his own fist, hitting Grimshaw between the legs. He wasn't going down without a fight.