Cross the Line and Back Again

⚠️by  iwillpaintasongforlou on ao3

⚠️summary:

Harry and Louis like to play games and make each other jealous. Harry accidentally takes it too far and Louis exacts revenge using the most powerful tool he has: sex.

Or, the one in which Louis gets back at Harry by withholding sex long enough for him to turn into a horny, quivering mess and then makes sure he can't walk straight for a week.

⚠️words: 4535

🤍🤍🤍

It was actually Louis who started all of this in the first place. Even at 18, with his long fringe and skinny limbs, he was the vibrant sort of lad who would flirt with everyone around just to see if he could make Harry jealous. And because Louis was the one who tended to set the pace in their relationship right from the start, all of the flirting and the jealousy got to be sort of a… game.

The rules went a bit like this: despite all of the heavy closeting the two of them were under (thank you, Management), there were still various close friends who knew about Harry and Louis. And some of these friends happened to be male. And from time to time, Harry and Louis would flirt with certain male friends, all in good fun, to see how worked up they could make each other.

Louis always seemed to win. Not because he was the best flirt- actually, Harry had three times as many male friends who enjoyed playing along with their little game and who would help him get Louis flustered. Combine that with Louis’ jealous nature, and it didn’t take long for him to be pouting and Harry to come out ahead.

But in the long run, a win for Harry was also a very big loss, because Louis Tomlinson was the sorest loser he’d ever met.

“You sure you don’t want to come back to my place, Harold?” Nick said loudly, eyes locked on Harry but voice clearly directed at Louis. “I’ve got a bottle of wine and we’ve got all night.”

“That is pretty tempting,” mused Harry with a barely-contained smirk, stepping closer to his friend. “I do have a boyfriend at home, though.”

“Who’s also on the couch four feet away,” Louis says shortly, his voice dry and eyes narrowed ever-so-slightly.

Nick slung an arm around Harry’s shoulders and closed the distance between them with a flirtatious wink. “Yeah, well, forget about him. Popstars are overrated, trust me. All show. You want a man with a proper job.”

“I think radio is really cool, actually. And you’ve got a really sexy, smooth voice…”

That was the point at which Louis got up and left the room with two more beers in his hand and a scowl on his pretty little face. Harry and Nick broke apart with silent laughter that shook their shoulders in tandem. “I can’t believe that shit actually works,” Nick murmured with another swallow of his drink.

Harry had to physically bite his lip so as not to giggle with glee. “He knows we’re not serious and he still gets jealous! He’s so cute.”

“You don’t think we ever push too far, do you?”

“No, I don’t think so,” Harry seriously replied. “He only bickers with you because he knows you can take it.”