piano keys

⚠️by 𝙧𝙪𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙪𝙣 on ao3

⚠️summary:

Harry loves Louis too much, to the point that every touch and kiss and gasp from the smaller male slowly destroys every inch of sanity that he's not so sure he even wants to hold onto.

a/n: this one is really pretty so enjoy! Btw the humiliation is not the sexual one.

⚠️words: 3530

🤍🤍🤍

"Harry, what on Earth are you doing?"

"Nothing."

Louis' soft laugh puts another smile on Harry's face as he watches his pretty boyfriend carefully mix together powders and chemicals in a glass jar above the Bunsen burner.

"Maybe if you would stop staring at me, we could finish this assignment."

"Or, I can just keep staring at you."

Louis smiles again, glancing towards green eyes. Harry is sitting in the seat adjacent to his own, right cheek squished against his palm as he rests his elbow on the laboratory table, not taking his eyes off of Louis' figure.

He's beautiful.

Harry fell in love with Louis three years ago.

Specifically, three years, one month, and four days ago.

He wrote it in his diary, right next to the entry he wrote when he saw the Arctic Monkeys live in concert.

But Louis is much more important than the Arctic Monkeys.

Louis is everything that Harry couldn't be.

He's the good and the bad in life that Harry fell in love with. Harry didn't really like himself. He found himself to be an empty shell and he was lost for a very long time but Louis found him. And he didn't think that anyone would want to find him, but Louis found him and kept him and breathed life back into him.

Louis is perfect.

And Harry never wants to take his eyes off of him.

The two lovebirds walk to their 5th period together when they notice a small sign on the door from their teacher.

"Have to go make a few copies, might be about 10 minutes. Don't break anything! - Mr. Wallace"

"Good, cause I have to take a piss," Harry mutters.

"You should have used the bathroom during lunch break."

"I didn't have to go before."

The older male rolls his eyes as Harry gives him a swift kiss on the cheek and sprints to the washrooms.

Louis quietly makes his way to his desk and is about to take off his messenger bag until he hears laughter from the back of the classroom. Louis turns to find Stan Lucas, the school bully, snickering in the back of the class with his other lackeys.