Shiver (pt.3 of "These violent delights")

⚠️summary:

“Liam! GO. Get out!”

“I'm not leaving you here with this fucking psycho!”

Or

Louis is hurt, jealous and naked. Harry is jealous, murderous and horny.
Liam gets caught in the middle and almost gets maimed.

⚠️words: 1733

🤍🤍🤍

Louis was shaking as he stumbled onto the pavement.

Taking a deep breath and wiping his eyes he looked both ways before darting across the street and into the alley behind the building residing there, knowing he couldn't take the road in case Harry came looking for him.

Harry. That son of a prick. But really? What had Louis been expecting?

A few hours earlier

Louis had thought it odd that Harry hadn't picked him up for school that morning, but perhaps he'd been busy, or sick. He made a point of looking for Harry's car as he crossed the lot and felt worried when he didn't spot it. He had just been in the process of entering the building when he finally saw the black car pulling in.

Smiling slightly, Louis waited; Harry always walked him to class. However, the little flutter he always got around his heart whenever he saw the other boy turned into ice as he watched both car doors open. He watched Harry wait as a beautiful redheaded girl closed the door and made her way to him. Holland Roden, Louis had a few classes with her, he'd always quite liked her, she seemed smart and sweet. Now though, he was seriously rethinking his impression as Harry slung an arm over her neck.

Not wanted to see any more, Louis fought his way through a crowd of students, running down the hall and into the toilets.

He felt so stupid and knew it was his own fault. Harry hadn't been known to date anyone for longer than a week, but when he had stayed by Louis' side for two months he'd thought... hoped... that perhaps things between them would be different, that maybe, Harry had developed feelings for him. The way he'd been with Louis, the way he had looked at him, kissed him, held him, he passion they'd shared all suggested as much - he realized now how stupid that had been and Louis loathed himself for allowing his traitorous heart to become so fond of the other boy.

He knew Harry didn't love him, but wasn't he at least worth breaking up with? Louis sniffled, that sick bastard would break-up with him by showing off his new conquest.

After splashing cold water over his face and taking some deep breaths, Louis made his way back out into the hall, head down, as he made his way to his morning class.

-:-

Making his way to the cafeteria Louis looked around, praying he wouldn't run into Harry – he had managed to avoid him so far and pretending they had never known each other seemed somehow less painful.

Louis had thought he could deal.... up until he entered the cafeteria.

Because the first thing he saw was Harry sitting at his usual table, with his usual friends, Holland in his lap.

A wave of hurt flashed through him and he cursed himself for it.

Louis needed to leave. Now.