Even After All This Time

⚠️by 𝙣𝙞𝙠𝙠𝙞628 on ao3

⚠️summary:

After a couple minutes of kissing, Louis pushes Harry down onto his back and hovers over him. He starts kissing the boy's neck gently, slowly making his way down to his collarbones as well.

"I love you so much," he whispers into Harry's skin in between kisses.

"I love you more," Harry laces his fingers into Louis' soft hair, "I missed you so much, Lou."

or Harry and Louis were high school sweethearts, but they broke up in Uni. The boys push them back together at their high school reunion

⚠️words: 4626

🤍🤍🤍

Louis and Harry had been the most popular couple at their high school. Louis was the captain of the football team and Harry was basically his personal cheerleader. The whole school knew and loved them. They held hands in the hallway, went out on dates, and spent all of their free time together. They were your cliche high school sweethearts and everyone knew that they would end up together. Until college.

They went to universities that were hours apart from each other. Of course they had tried to make it work, and they thought they would be able to. Until cute skypes turned into yelling at each other and crying over the phone. They broke up three months into Uni, they were both heartbroken but eventually they moved on.

Of course they would still see each other occasionally. Their families still lived in their hometown so they would pass each other in stores or at social events but they never said hi. Until their five year high school reunion.

In high school their friend group consisted of Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn. None of them really talked to anyone else much during high school, so they all sat together at the reunion. Harry and Louis didn't speak much, they said hi to each other when they first sat down and haven't spoken directly to each other since.

About halfway through the night all of the boys were walking around and talking to other people. At this point Harry had talked to more than enough people for one night so he went back to sit at their table. Apparently, Louis was feeling the same way because just a few minutes later he came to sit down as well.

"Oh," Louis looked down when he realized Harry was at the table, "sorry, I can uh-"

"It's fine," Harry said, "you can sit."

"Thanks," Louis whispered as he sat down across from Harry.

A few seconds of awkward silence passed before either of them spoke.

"So, uh, how have you been?" Louis asked.

"Alright, I guess," Harry looked up and saw Louis already looking at him, he looked back down before speaking again, "you?"

"I'm okay."

Harry just nodded in response, still not looking at the older boy.

"So what have you been up to lately?" Louis asked.

"I actually just moved back out here."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah," Harry fidgeted with his fingers as he spoke, "just wanted to be closer to my mom again."

"That's nice," Louis felt a bit awkward now, he didn't know what else to say.

"What about you?" Harry asked after what was probably too long.