Hard to Hide a Hard-On (When You're Dressed Like Minnie Pearl). (pt.3)

⚠️by 𝙠𝙤𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙧24 on ao3

⚠️summary:

The one where Harry wants to make a birthday special.

Title from Bloodhound Gang's 'A Lapdance is so Much Better When the Stripper is Crying"

⚠️words: 4774

🤍🤍🤍

Harry exhaled shakily as he held his phone up, turning the front camera on so he could see his face as he situated himself for better lighting and started his video.

"Hey, Ni!" He greeted quietly to his phone's WhatsApp, waving at himself with a nervous smile. "I'm in the bathroom of the store right now; I'm so nervous they're going to laugh at me, or something. Or even worse, that Louis will. That's a lie," Harry corrected himself as he looked at the grey stall walls around him. "He wouldn't laugh at me. Of course, he wouldn't. ...But what if he doesn't like it?" Harry chewed his lip for a brief second until he remembered he was on camera, and shook himself. "I'm being a baby, right? Yeah. I'm totally being a baby. Erm...I'm going to go and look around, I guess. Wish me luck. I might be sending you a lot of pictures; don't laugh, okay? I really need advice about this. It's not really like I know what I'm doing!" Harry heard the bathroom door opening and swore. "Gotta go!" He whispered. With that, Harry ended the video and coughed loudly, sending it to Niall, and flushed the toilet. He fiddled with his jeans and stepped out of the stall, ignoring the man who was unzipping at the urinal as he washed his hands.

Harry patted his hands dry onto his jeans and ducked out of the bathroom, heading over to the men's section and shoving his hands in his pockets.

There were all kinds of options, really. Harry was overwhelmed in seconds, but all he had to do was think of Louis' thirty-seventh birthday, and he remembered why he wanted this so bad.

For months, Louis had been so patient, and such a good Dom - and whatever they were to each other when they weren't having sex, as well - and his birthday was in a week. Louis had already made it clear that he didn't particularly enjoy his birthday: it tended to blend in with Christmas the next day, for one, and for another, Louis had severe Peter Pan syndrome. He didn't want to get older. As they lay in bed a few days ago, Louis combing fingers absent-mindedly through Harry's hair, Harry got the impression that birthdays in general sort of made Louis uncomfortable. It was for that reason, among others, that Harry wanted to really do something special and worth-while for him.

It had been Facebook, and then an off-hand discussion or two that gave Harry the idea that landed him into the lingerie section. Of course, Harry knew Louis had been with girls before, and he'd known it for a while - long enough that he no longer wondered whether Louis was attracted to every other girl they walked past - but knowing and seeing evidence of it were two completely different things.

On Harry's Facebook feed, Louis had been tagged by a blonde woman, around Louis' age, named Hannah, in a few photos with a caption that read, Nan never gave up hope, lol! Found these in her room just now!, and it was of Louis as a young teenager - probably Harry's age, truthfully - and a young girl in coupley poses, and one of them kissing passionately. Harry had teased Louis about the photos a few days later, but Louis only smiled calmly and told Harry that Hannah had been his first love, his first girl best friend, and that in all his teenage angst, breaking up with her had been incredibly difficult.

"What was the sex like?" Harry'd asked bluntly, and Louis had let out a bark of shock laughter.

"Jesus, Harry!" He'd exclaimed with a chuckle. "We never even had sex, properly; just a bit of fooling around. We were fairly innocent with each other."