Arc 4: Wu TingFeng (4)

Here's a chapter! I got addicted to this song, one of the three songs actually. They're underrated. ^^^

Scenario time after coming back cuz why not!
Q. You walking down the street like some random person (secretly protag) in a novel/manga. You suddenly got hit by something when crossing the road! You didn't notice who/what hit you, but you think it was......and then found that you got transmigrated/reborn into a......when you woke up.

A. Insert your wildest imagination possible here (go on, put it down)
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

As expected, the part where the Tang sisters and the men get to meet the male lead had finally arrived. Tang TanYi, who knew of the plot, already dolled herself in order to be presentable in front of Wu TingFeng.

On the other hand, Tang YanLi, who's the world female lead, didn't exactly know what's going on and was confused as to why her sister was dressing herself up. They were in the middle of the apocalypse and are struggling to survive already. Where in the world did TanYi get a full set of makeup and accessories to doll herself?!

At this point, the female lead was starting to sense that there was something amiss, and her sister wasn't willing to tell her a single thing. She began doubting TanYi, since before, they were the one of the closest of sisters there could ever be in this world. There wasn't a thing that they would really hide from each other, but ever since she claimed she had a nightmare and accidentally pushed Ye XiaoFan off the truck, YanLi thought that TanYi somehow changed.

What's worse is the change was a bad change. YanLi knows that TanYi rarely had any nightmares at all when they were young until now. So when TanYi mentioned that she had a nightmare which led her to pushing XiaoFan off, YanLi knew right away that something was wrong and her sister was definitely lying about it.

But because they were sisters, she decided she needed to help her, since her older sister was the only family that was still alive. She didn't want to lose her only family member left in this world. So she knew it was wrong of her to lie about the nightmare thing.

YanLi wholeheartedly felt sorry that XiaoFan was the victim to her sister's scheme, which she didn't know why there was one in the first place. Although she felt sorry for XiaoFan, he was a stranger to her, so it wasn't wrong to side with someone's that the closest to her rather than a stranger she only just met some time ago.

However, there must be a reason why TanYi did it, but YanLi secretly hoped that XiaoFan was alright and was not eaten by any zombies. If she ever saw him again, she would bow at a 90° angle to him three times and apologize for what her elder sister had done. She needed to clear any misunderstanding between them if there is one.

Anyways, back to the plot. The truck was still moving when it came to abrupt stop with Tang TanYi's shout. At this point, Tang YanLi was really giving her the weird looks, wondering what was her purpose in stopping when they could've continue towards City Z where the survival base was. Of course, TanYi was too busy searching for something, or perhaps someone in particular, for her to notice YanLi's questioning eyes.

"Guys, stop! Stop! Theres something important I have to do here!"

Of course, this is one of the Tang sisters asking them a favor to stop, so they did indeed stop.

"Miss TanYi, we stopped. What do you need to do? Do you need any of our help?"

"No, it's fine. You guys and big sister stay here. This is something that I need to do myself."

"Alright. If Miss TanYi said so, then we will stay here with Miss YanLi."

The men easily agreed with whatever TanYi said, but YanLi continued to be suspicious.

"If my sister has something she needs to do, then why don't we take the time to give ourselves a break. After all, we had been driving for quite awhile."

Since YanLi has been keeping secrets from her, then she'll gind an excuse to follow her and find out what in the world was happening.

TanLi, on the other hand, quickly went straight ahead to find Wu TingFeng, with the addition of her sister secretly following her.

Of course, with Xiao Bao, her system informed her of what YanLi was doing.

[Host, Tang TanLi is secretly following you. Do you want me to avert her attention to something else and mislead her?]

'Yes. Thank you, Xiao Bao.'

[Anytime. Anything can be done in order for you to complete your tasks.]

'You never seem to inform me of YiWei's mission.'

[It's not something that you as a Host of an Interferer System needs to know. In fact, a host of any system isn't allowed to know of another host's tasks. It's a law of the system.]

'Ah. I see. Whatever the task is, I just need to make sure to ruin it right?'

[Right.]

Her mission wasn't completed yet since Xiao Bao hasn't told her that YiWei had died yet.

But it was expected that he didn't die yet because he had a system with him as well.

In the end, it didn't matter when he died, she just wanted to fulfil her dream and live for eternity.

Back to the present, Xiao Bao drove YanLi away by creating a sort of illusion for her to follow, for example, the system made her follow a fake TanYi.

Of course, YanLi was fooled by the illusion and TanYi was free to from a pair of eyes.

It took her only a little bit of time, with the help of Xiao Bao, she quickly caught a glimpse of a body laid next to a tree near a supermarket.

TanYi immediately got excited. She ran over to the body to check if it was the male lead.

Turns out, the body was indeed Wu TingFeng. However, Xiao Bao told her that it actually wasn't him.

"HOW?! HOW IS IT NOT HIM?!"

TanYi was furious. Obviously, the male lead's body was right there in front of her. Was there something wrong with her system?

[I will never lie about something like this, Host. I'm a truthful system that provide aid to my host, and you are my host. I won't say anything that doesn't benefit you, and vice versa, I will inform you of the beneficial things. Right now, this is now Wu TingFeng's body. It must have been swapped out by that system and your target.]

'There is such a thing like that?' Looks like TanYi needed to do a little more homework on how the systems work.

[All I can say now for you, Host, is you need to use a bit of your brain. Don't think that your purpose here is to seduce the male lead. It's to interfere with your target's task.]

'But I'm sure that his task would definitely have something to do with the protagonists of this world! So I had to get to the male lead first! After all, they have a golden finger!'

[This host...I can't with her...*sigh*...I must chose a better host then this next time...]

(A/N: bold + italics = system thoughts)

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: I recently continued reading It's Actually Not Easy Wanting to be a Supporting Male Lead and I found this quote to be really funny I actually love it: "It turns out that besides the exotic occupation of the minor gay love rival, there's also the gay BOSS that's secretly-in-love with the minor gay love rival, this kind of even more exotic occupation!" Idk, I just found it funny 😆

Anyways, we now have a female lead that's not a b*tch~~~ YanLi's an understandable person unlike TanYi. And also remember to look forward to the next update again on XX/XX/2021! Author out ✌︎