Arc 3: Adonis (10)

Say hello to Daphne~~~
Aquarius is now offline _(┐ε:)_
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Daphne remembered the first day she met her prince. She fell for his handsome features and wonderful musical skills. With her voice and his instrument, together, their music can become very addicting to listen to. After all, she was a mermaid and her voice was heavenly, most envying her even back in the underwater kingdom.

She remembered how she emerged from the ocean, her prince playing the flute, and she silently made her way towards him. He was surprised to see her smiling and walking towards him, but after awhile, he also smiled sweetly back at her. It was definitely love at first sight for him as well, was what Daphne thought.

She celebrated in her mind knowing she has successfully made him fall for her (or did he? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)). Daphne saw that Adonis was staring at her with stars in his eyes. She approached him and sat down by his side, lowering her head to show that she was really shy. She heard him laugh and she glanced up at him to find that he was looking at her straight in the eyes. Daphne blushed and they continued not to say a word. It was silent until Adonis decided to speak up.

"Miss, what is your name?"

"...I'm...Daphne..."

"I'm sorry, but can you repeat that? You spoke so softly and quiet I couldn't hear what you're name was?"

"...um...my name is Daphne."

"Now that's more like it. Daphne. What a beautiful name. Befitting for a beautiful woman such as yourself."

"Thank you, mister."

"Ah, my name is Adonis. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself first."

"It's fine! You don't need to worry about it."

"How sweet. I like you."

Daphne blushed furiously this time, and her face was red as a tomato. Adonis saw this and laughed again. It was amusing seeing her like this. He wondered what fun events would happen in the future, and this was one of them. He opened his mouth and took the initiative to talk to Daphne again.

"By the way, what is a young miss doing here? Did you're mother allow you to come here by yourself?"

"About that...I...kind of...snuck out...my parents and siblings don't know..."

"Oh? How come? They should be very worried."

"I know they are, but I just want to explore the world!there are many things that I haven't seen before and I want to experience new things and create new memories."

"Hm. Then you've met the right person. I can show you around the city, the market, the palace, whatever. However, I need to know where you live so I can take you back to your family."

"It's alright, mister Adonis! You don't need to waste your time taking me home. Showing me around is already kind enough and I can't just ask for more."

"No no. I'm the one who suggested to take you home, so I will take you home."

"But...the thing is...I..."

Daphne hesitated to speak. She can't tell him that she's a mermaid. What if she told him and started hating her? She once heard her sisters telling her a cruel story about a human and a mermaid. The human fell for the mermaid's beauty and perused her. The thing was, he didn't love her. He was only after her scales. Daphne was determined that humans aren't that bad. A good example would be Adonis, the man she had a crush on. He was perfect in every way, so telling him wouldn't be that bad, but she just wanted to be cautious. All she could do was lie about it.

"...I...I'm actually lost! I got separated from my family and we came from a different land far from here! I'm sorry for not telling you earlier!"

"Another land? Far from here? Then I'm guessing that you can't go home now."

"Yes. I really don't have a home to go back to now. I don't even know if my parents are alright! They must be really worried about me and I feel really guilty for being alive if they are dead!"

"Don't ever say such heavy words. Death doesn't suit well with your voice. It should be used to say beautiful words."

Adonis smiled and extended a hand towards Daphne. She looked at him in confusion but took his outstretched hand. He then pulled her with him and started walking.

"Mister Adonis? Where are you taking me?"

"To my home, of course. Where else?"

"But...your parents probably won't accept me..."

"Don't worry. With me, anything is possible. Relax. I will take care of you until we find your parents."

"...then, I will be your care..."

"Hahaha~ Daphne, you should speak more. I can't help but fall for your voice, so sing for me sometimes. Is that fine?"

"O-of-of course! If this is how I can compensate you for taking care of me, then I would be glad to sing for you!"

"Hm. Good. Good."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: I'm back with another chapter! If you haven't seen my newest story, Bad Beginning, Happy Ending, go check it out! I will be updating both stories!
Here's the link to the story: https://my.w.tt/W8bkHG90t5

tt/W8bkHG90t5